Art, Social Media and Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian of the Mill

Puritan Board Freshman
I am due to talk in our young person bible study about the practical subject of how we as Christians can interact with the culture, specifically, I have in mind art forms and technologies such as social media etc. Given my audience, I do not have to delve deeply into the topic but want a well-grounded grasp of the subject.
For the topic of art I have read two introductory books on the subject:
Art for God's Sake by Philip G. Ryken
Art and the Bible by Francis Schaeffer
From these I have appreciated the deconstruction and rejection of a platonic dichotomy we can have between the secular and the sacred. And can see how in all things we can glorify God by beauty and excellence, from this point I can even apply such a principle to any ordinary job as we pursue it with excellence to the glory of God.

Granted, dangers exist in art forms, but given these probably exist sevenfold online, I am not prepared to make the same logical leap with social media, without further nuance. And so desire a well-thought-out article or paper talking through a Christian view on the matter. I probably don't have time to buy and read another book. I wonder if you may have any thoughts or recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back