Arthur Pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm

Puritan Board Freshman
I know most here are readers. I have never been an avid reader but I try.
I have recently discovered, or re-discovered Arthur Pink.

Many of his writings are free on the web,
http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/pinks_archive.htm

For me anyway, Pink speaks to my heart, not my head.
It is like a good friend that looks you in the eye and says,

You can't fool me, I know you, now get it together, we are
dealing with the God of the universe here.

If you have never read Pink, I highly recommend him.

Last edited:
It is like a good friend that looks you in the eye and says,

You can't fool me, I know you, now get it together, we are
dealing with the God of the universe here.

If you have never read Pink, I highly recommend him.

Pink is a man with impeccable Calvinistic credentials and I agree he does not speak just to "THE HEAD" but to the heart.

Hope you have/had a good Lord's day,
Bill

Pink is most well known for his The Sovereignty of God. But some of his best works are his least known.

I greatly enjoyed Pink's book on Elijah (published by Banner of Truth) when I read it recently.

Also, he has a book about prayer, (I think it's called Effectual Prayer) which I believe is a must read for anyone who struggles with "the duty" of prayer.

Sovereignty of God is one of my favorites. His A Study of Dispensationalism is a good refutation from a former dispensationalist.

His Studies on Saving Faith was part of my first exposure to 'real' Calvinism versus the straw man of such tracts as, TULIP The Deadly Flower put out by Sword of the Lord. If that book doesn't make you question your salvation, you need to reread it.

His book on prayer is, A Guide to Fervent Prayer.

Many of his books are now in audio format at, http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?speakerOnly=true&currSection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=A%2E%5EW%2E%5EPink

:amen: to that !!

I find his works to be profound. I would compare him to one of your best friends, who knows you better than almost anyone, saying, "Here, I wrote this just for you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back