Articles You Would Like to See Next, or Need

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
Every so often I ask for requests on things you think are important, need, or would like to see written on. What are some topics that you think are neglected, or need to be written on overall?

Maybe there is already something there Matt, but I could use a study on Church government and why Presbyterian government is the biblical government Churches should model.

Originally posted by houseparent
Maybe there is already something there Matt, but I could use a study on Church government and why Presbyterian government is the biblical government Churches should model.

:ditto:

Let the Elders rule!!!
Today in "evangelical" churches there seems to be a confusion between use of a "governing board" and Elders, or any other man made institution to keep elders from overseeing the church.

Also any articles on tithing would be helpful. There are a few people I know that are joining the "œHome church" movement (hey there is another article idea!) and most reject any form of giving.

*Please let me know if these articles already exist on A Puritan's Mind*

I would be interested in critiques of the new perspective on Paul or an article examining the federal vision position.

I also wouldn't mind seeing one on church government as it is the topic I'm currently looking into. ;)

I think one of the most important and yet most overlooked doctrines today is that of cessationism. While the "official" charismatic movement is in the minority, most Christians would have no idea how to answer the question of whether or not God still "speaks" today, or what that really means.

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
I think one of the most important and yet most overlooked doctrines today is that of cessationism. While the "official" charismatic movement is in the minority, most Christians would have no idea how to answer the question of whether or not God still "speaks" today, or what that really means.

Ohhhh, that's another good one!

Did you not read my signature line:

The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Luke 18:27

In Mark chapter 10 verse 27, we also read, "With God all things are possible." So I am just waiting on Him to do what you think is impossible. O ye of little faith.

Phillip

I too would like to gain an understanding of Church government (The different forms and the arguments for or against each position, how it relates to Old Testament gov-or not, etc.).

I feel like I know just about zero concerning this.

How about a brief overview of the heretics. I know little about billy sunday??

How about?

Why I Dont Recant Credo-Baptism by Pastor Way :bigsmile:

blade

Christopher, good choice. (Not that the others were not. I just like to think outside the box a little as to what the church needs to hear or think about, and good preaching, especially as a means of grace, is one of them).

Also thinking about doing a paper on "Open Scandalous Sin".

Still mulling....

Matt, not many guys have done this yet so maybe you can look more into it (Ligon Duncan is the only one I know of), but how about some ideas on covenant theology in the early church fathers. I know it was primitive, but many of those seed thoughts are there.

[Edited on 9-2-2005 by puritansailor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back