Audible Book Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertPGH1981

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hello All,

Just curious to know if there are any Audible subscribers in the Puritan board. Any books you would recommend regarding Christianity (Theological, Apologetic, Historical)?

Thanks,

I have been an avid Audible user for a few months now. It has been a life saver at work. There are a lot of great Reformed works. Here are a few in my library:
Calvin's Institutes
Richard Baxter "The Saint's Everlasting Rest"
John Owen " Of the Mortification of Sins in Believers"
James Dolezal "All That is in God"
Joel Beeke "Living By God's Promises"
George M Marsden "Jonathan Edwards- A Life"
"Life of David Brainerd"
There are also a lot of titles Jeremiah Burroughs, Thomas Watson, John Flavel, Sproul, Sinclair Ferguson, J. C. Ryle, Spurgeon.

Calvin's Institutes
Richard Baxter "The Saint's Everlasting Rest"
John Owen " Of the Mortification of Sins in Believers"
James Dolezal "All That is in God"
Joel Beeke "Living By God's Promises"
George M Marsden "Jonathan Edwards- A Life"
"Life of David Brainerd"
There are also a lot of titles Jeremiah Burroughs, Thomas Watson, John Flavel, Sproul, Sinclair Ferguson, J. C. Ryle, Spurgeon.

Thanks for your replies. I have a few that you mentioned. Here are a few that you might enjoy:

Romans: The Greatest Letter Ever Written ~ John Piper Sermons (2-3 years)
Cold-Case Christianity
Church History in Plain Language ~ Bruce Shelley
The Lost Letters of Pergamum ~ Bruce W. Longnecker
Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy ~ Metaxas

We have an account, and I get about half of the credits, the other half go for homeschool. I find that I do way better with fiction on Audible, rather than theology — I don't have to rewind nearly as much. The books about Christianity I have "read" on Audible have been more along the lines of more popular works like Bad Religion and The Lost History of Christianity. I tried Religious Affections and I was pretty much in one ear out the other.

I like J. Warner Wallace’s and his books are on audible also. He nor Koukl are presuppositionalists if that is a must for you.

If your local library subscribes to Hoopla they offer a lot of Christian material for free.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

I recommend Eusebius, The Church History, new translation by Paul L. Maier

I recommend against Church History in Plain Language ~ Bruce Shelley. I did not find this book to be factually accurate and the way this work portrays/downplays Jesus' divinity really troubles me. I find Shelley's work anachronistic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back