Augustine's "City of God" FB Reading Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalas

whippersnapper
Reading Russell Moore’s recent admonition to read through Augustine’s “City of God” has me inspired. So, starting on April 1st, I’m going to begin the project of reading through the “City of God” over the course of a year. I’d like to invite anyone who is interested in joining me to let me know. My idea is to create a FB group where we can discuss our reading as we go. I’ll post the readings for the week in the group, and we can raise questions and comments as we plow through. The reading should only be about 3-4 pages per day so hopefully it will be manageable. If you don’t have a copy of the book there are decent translations available online for free (I’ll post a link to that in the FB group as well). Let me know if you want to be added to the group. We start next Friday!

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/reading-augustine-in-an-election-year

How much "work" will be required aside from the reading itself?

Would we be checking in at regular intervals or is the group simply a place to bounce questions off one another as we read the text?

Simply a forum for discussion. If you wanted to join you could do nothing but read if you wanted to. I just find it helpful to have others to join as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back