Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the song. I don't know if it would be right for a Sunday morning worship service, but I'd listen in the van while driving....

An interesting mixture of speech and song, but obviously inappropriate for the corporate worship of God, for a variety of reasons.

As I said in the OP, I don't know how this will go over on the Puritan Board. Obviously not something that is going to be part of an OPC congregation, but I for one see true love of Christ in the performance.

I love singing the old hymns, as we do every Sunday, but I also love listening to The Swan Silvertones, Dixie Hummingbirds, or Archie Brownlee and the Five Blind Boys of Mississippi.

If anyone besides me enjoyed the video check out Willie Banks doing, "God Is Still In Charge", or Tommy Ellison and the Singing Stars on youtube doing "Holy Ghost." Outstanding AFAIC but not everybody's cup of tea so I won't post them.

Hi Jimmy, was that at a Church or just a concert like performance? I couldn't watch it all as my computer played up and I had to unplug it.

He is a pastor of a church. I don't know if that video was filmed at his church. It won the Grammy award for best gospel something or other. There is another video of the same song performed by Reverend Jenkins and a smaller group that I believe may be in a church. Can be found on youtube if you're interested. Here is a bio, circa 2010, before "Awesome" was composed, from channel 5 NBC in Chicago ;

Charles Jenkins is best known as a trailblazer, connector, community leader, advisor, songwriter, and dynamic communicator. With wisdom well beyond his 34 years of life, he is respected and revered for his innovative thinking, contemporary leadership, business savvy and holistic approach to ministry.

As pastor of the historic Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church founded by Reverend Clay Evans, Jenkins has quadrupled weekend attendance, and implemented an innumerable amount of ministries and programs that impact thousands.

Jenkins is committed to underserved communities, leading initiatives that promote education, economic development, economic empowerment and wealth creation. He is orchestrates humanitarian initiatives while mobilizing individuals, organizations, and communities toward noble causes.

Demonstrating that a strong leader must first be a humble servant, Jenkins serves on a number of corporate, educational, governmental and religious boards. Some of boards include Clear Channel Chicago Advisory Board, Advocate Health Advisory Board, The Hilliard Vocational Institute, Illinois Attorney General Advisory Board, Illinois Treasurer Advisory Board, and Daystar School Board of Directors. Jenkins also serves as a State Commissioner on the Illinois Juvenile Justice Commission working to ensure accountability to the Federal Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.

Jenkins has received many awards, citations, and honors including one of Morehouse College’s highest honors being inducted into The Dr. Martin Luther King Board of Preachers and Scholars.

He is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute earning a Bachelor of Science in Christian Education and he is also a graduate of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School with a Masters of Art degree in Religion.

Jenkins is married to Dr. Tara Rawls-Jenkins and has two young daughters, Princess and Paris, and one son, Charles Jenkins III.

Ah, I have listened to some old Moody sermons on the radio late at night when I cannot sleep, they come on now and then on a Sunday night. I like music and personally would prefer to listen to a song about Christ over any of the other rubbish that's on radio these days. Not all that's on is rubbish ill admit but yeah, id prefer a faith based song any day. :)

Great song! I'd actually not have a problem with it in worship, but I'm usually an oddity around these parts =)

Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back