Backpacking Trip in Summer 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd.morrison

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hey would anyone be interested in a backpacking trip in Allegheny National Forest, or the Adirondacks in summer of 2009?

Purpose: Discipleship, Fellowship, Relationship Building, oh yeah and "exercise"

don't know the dates or anything just general discussion with interested parties.

I might be up for that next year... I got my passport for a trip to russia which I cancelled because of growing tension between Georgia and Russia back in March... It is funny I would have been over there when, two days into my trip when it started... I have been looking to get a stamp in it... :D

Keep me posted.... are you an ultralight backpacker?

Russia!?! wow.. that's pretty intense. Were you tripping solo or did you have a partner lined up for that trip? That would have been a memorable excursion for sure.

I'm pretty stoked... two of us are planning a week long canoe trip into algonquin next month. Hopefully hook into some nice brook trout too.. This guy that I have been tripping with is a dutch reformed brother (my first Christian trip buddy), and it sure has been nice to fellowship with someone who has likeminded convictions.

Last edited:
I just did the Foothills Trail in South Carolina this past June. It's nice to see some of the backpacking community on the PB!

yeah... I am somewhat a novice... I have done 14 mile round trip day hike up Mt. Marcy in New York while hiking all week around the Adirondaks... Then I have done the Presidential Mountain Range up in NH did Mt. Madison, and hoofed up Mt. Washington only to be ticked off at all the people smiling infront of the summit sign who drove up the mountain... That was frustrating... That pretty much defines my really backpacking experience... Looking to do more though hence the post! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back