Bad Church Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
I saw this one today here in Louisville, out in front of one of the many PC(USA) churches in our city. I was driving so I only caught the first two lines of the syllogism, so I'm guessing as to the third...

God is love.
Love is here.

You object to the doctrine of the omnipresence of God?

God is not present in the same way in all places. Hell can sometimes be referred to as a place where God is "absent," because He is not there in the sense that He offers no blessings there, but only curses. Likewise, God could be at that church, but not in the sense that He is among His people, blessing them.

But never mind me, I have to go get some pizza now! :)

-----Added 8/8/2009 at 08:30:44 EST-----

As for bad signs that I've seen, I hate the ones that pretend to be a "letter" from God, unless they're direct Bible verses. For instance, I remember seeing one that said:

We need to talk. See you Sunday.
-God

I like the ones that say, "Revival here this week." How do those people get the Holy Spirit's 800 number? How do they get to schedule Him?

My old church in Highlandtown had one that said, "Hypocrites? In the church? Join us! What's one more?"

I seen one at a Lutheran church just this past week and I was wanting to rant about it and here's my opportunity! It read: "Good News! God believes in you!" Seemed to me they were making God out to be just some cosmic cheerleader. Made me very nauseous. :barfy:

loser.jpg

How long have I been posting here, and I still have no clue how to make a picture show up... even after it has been explained a number of times.... uhhh!

yall ever been here? Crummy Church Signs [***Moderator Warning*** Second Commandment Violation on one sign at link]
I always go there and the icanhascheeseburger wesites whenever I'm feeling sad... it always makes me laugh

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to make a correction to the OP. As I stated there, I could not read the entire sign while passing by (always a good indicator of a bad sign -- too wordy!). I passed by the church again today and this is what it said:

God is love.
Love is here. Come and see.

While that's cheesy and all, it's not nearly as bad as I had assumed. My apologies for suggesting otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back