Bah! This is where dispensationalism leads many of it's followers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
I am talking to this young lady on Ditty Talk and this is what she had to say recently to me regarding Judiasm (we are still talking though).

i think that just like "christianity" they have allowed a great deal of pagan practices and beliefs to enter into what YHWH intended as a means to worship and live for him. this has occured as a result of man thinking that he could fit YHWH into the image that best fit our needs.

Yahshua said "i did not come to destroy the law, but to fulfill the law". the people that heard him say this, would have known (as they were all jews) that in a midrash (a kind of bible study/open forum discussion for jews, if you will) if a person correctly interpretted scripture the others would say "you have fullfilled the law (torah - which is better interpretted as "instruction" in english) and if a person incorrectly interpretted scripture, they would be met with "you have destroyed the torah". what Yahshua is saying is that he came to correctly interpret the torah, as judaism of that time (with the pharisees and such) had gotten it severely wrong. if you look at his ministry, he was constantly explaining the CORRECT interpretation of torah.

Everything is centered around Jews, Judiasm, Jewish, etc. It's nutty in my opinion! So many believe that only the Jews can truely understand scripture and unless you see things from their perspective (even if that perspective is a Christ rejecting one) they you can't fully understand.
:banghead:

Some liberal Catholics in the '70's were into "the Jesus of history" and made much of Yeshua the Rabbi, and how He was more strict in his interpretation of the law than Hillel or the Pharisees. I think they were sort of into the "proto-New Perspective", as well.

I recall reading in our local paper (Chatt. News-Free press at that time) back in the 90's about a TN dispensational baptist church that "converted" to a form of Judaism.

They tore the pagan (sic) steeple off the church & threw out the NT. As I recall a rabbi came from NY ( I may mis-remember that part about NY that was the source of all evil for a good southerner:banana:) to teach them how to be good "jews".

Rev 3:9

This is the hottest thing going out here where I live.

This station linked below broadcasts every minute of every day in a lot of places and MOST of what you will see is Rabbi's teaching Christians how to understand the Torah.

I cannot begin to imagine how many little old ladies (like my own mom) donate money with hopes that Zionists will be converted to Christ
...when the appearance to me is the exact opposite type of converstion to worshipping the law.

http://www.godslearningchannel.com/index2.htm

Adam, you have my undying admiration for putting "Bah!" in the subject line.

My mom suckered for this for awhile. She saw through it pretty quick. She's still a Dispensational though :banghead:

She's correct of course in saying that Jesus was simply giving the correct interpretation of the Pentateuch (as well as fulfilling it). Does she realize that He was saving the Pentateuch from the perversions of their Mid-trash traditions? handwashing, giving their parents money to the temple, believing proto-semi-pelagianism, etc.

Originally posted by py3ak
Adam, you have my undying admiration for putting "Bah!" in the subject line.

Rueben have you ever seen the movie "Life With Father?" We say Bah! around our house alot because of that movie. Really great old movie that anyone would love. Rent it if you haven't seen it before.

No, Augusta, I haven't seen that. I doubt they have it here in Mexico City, unfortunately. Andrew, I know how you feel. It's a great syllable.

quote from the Augsburg confession:

Article XVII: Of Christ's Return to Judgment.
1] Also they teach that at the Consummation of the World Christ will appear for judgment, and 2] will raise up
all the dead; He will give to the godly and elect eternal life and everlasting joys, 3] but ungodly men and the
devils He will condemn to be tormented without end.
4] They condemn the Anabaptists, who think that there will be an end to the punishments of condemned men
and devils.
5] They condemn also others who are now spreading certain Jewish opinions, that before the resurrection of
the dead the godly shall take possession of the kingdom of the world, the ungodly being everywhere
suppressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back