Bahnsen & Gentry on Revelation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlearnedlearner

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi,

Does anyone know when Gentry's commentary on Revelation is due? Also, in Mathison's book on Postmillennialism he mentions Bahsnen's book, which I assume is the print of his lectures on Revelation. Anyone know the status of this work?

ul

Gentry's commentary will probaby be due whenever there is money to fund it.

After Bahnsen's death Randy Booth put some of his essays together on eschatology. They are very good but the book doesn't read as smoothly as it could.

The last time I talked to Dr. Gentry, a couple months ago, he was in Ch. 18 (if I am remembering right,. . . possibly 17). He originally was hoping to move faster, but the commentary is going to be longer than he originally thought. He had to spend a significant time updating the first few chapters, which he had already written a few years ago, to interact with current works, and to expand them.

Hopefully he finishes it soon.

I thought he did get the funding. Or did he proceed on faith?

As best I understood the situation, he didn't have to have funding to begin writing the commentary. On the other hand, if he had funding, he would be able to spend a year writing the commentary (and we would have it around the present moment). Without the funding, it will take a few more years (I guess).

For example, I am writing a few books that will be published in the next 15 years (seriously). LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back