Bahnsen's downloads are free right now

Joshua

Administrator
Staff member
The cost is found in adding them all to the cart individually! :lol: Thanks for the heads up, Jacob.

You will expend some effort in having to add individual mp3s to the cart one at a time (some of the series have zip files of the whole set, but not most). One trick I used on the voluminous sets that did not have zip files as selecting "Add to Cart" for one, then immediately using ctrl+F to type in the number of the next "n of n" iteration. Not ideal, but better than scrolling.

P.S. - Also, once you get the email, you can use a browser extension like "DownloadThemAll" to mass download the MP3s, be sure to include the zip files too.

Brian R.

Puritan Board Freshman
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to get in on this. I hear his lectures on Calvin's Institutes and WCF are really good. Anybody suggest any of Bahnsen's other lecture sets?

Taylor Sexton

Puritan Board Junior
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to get in on this. I hear his lectures on Calvin's Institutes and WCF are really good. Anybody suggest any of Bahnsen's other lecture sets?
I would imagine that, given his academic expertise, his lectures on Western philosophy would be really good.

BayouHuguenot

Puritanboard Amanuensis
I would imagine that, given his academic expertise, his lectures on Western philosophy would be really good.

His specific expertise was 20th century philosophy, and his talks on Wittgenstein et al are really good. His take on the Renaissance is interesting. Ancient philosophy is hit and miss. Medieval philosophy is okay but he really didn't extend the analysis of Aquinas beyond the typical nature-grace dialectic.

His lectures on Political Ethics are good. I've listened to his 90 or so lectures on Situational/Normative ethics several times through.

BayouHuguenot

Puritanboard Amanuensis

Political Ethics are good.
Economic Ethics are really good.
Situational and Normative ethics are outstanding.
Modern Philosophy.
Philosophy of Christianity is good. He even deals with the early Plantinga.

Logan

Puritan Board Junior
I was very glad to hear this but WOW, THAT IS A PAINFUL SITE!

Very interested in Calvin's Institutes, but free or not, I'm not going to sit there and add 81 files to cart, one at a time, with a page refresh in between each one that brings me back to the top of the page every time. Now if we could crowdsource this and get them all downloaded and organized...but that's against the TOS.

Eyedoc84

Puritan Board Freshman
I was very glad to hear this but WOW, THAT IS A PAINFUL SITE!

Very interested in Calvin's Institutes, but free or not, I'm not going to sit there and add 81 files to cart, one at a time, with a page refresh in between each one that brings me back to the top of the page every time. Now if we could crowdsource this and get them all downloaded and organized...but that's against the TOS.
The Bahnsen Project will be remastering and reorganizing. Spring 2021 is the target date I think.