Baptist seminary on a budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrIreland

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Y'all

Let me explain. I currently work in full-time ministry with a para-church organization (Young Life) but realize that most of my training and equipping has taught me to do Young Life well but not always connecting it back to the local church. I desire to be bettered equipped to not only serve in my current role but also I see myself transitioning to a role within the local church at some point. I believe seminary is the best route to equipping and preparing me for current and future ministry roles. Unfortunately, I'm pretty locked in and can't do on campus full-time seminary, as we just moved to NC. I'm fine with taking classes part-time. The biggest issue right now is cost, one income, and a family of 5. I know I'm not the first person to have this blessing! However, I've seen a couple of baptist reformed seminaries that seem too cheap, as in too good to be true. I'm speaking of RBS and CBTS. What are your thoughts on these seminaries? They basically seem the same holding to the LBCF and have a majority of the same faculty. Are there other low-cost baptist seminaries I should be considering? I'm sure the topic has been kicked around but didn't see anything in the past several years. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Nick

I see @C. M. Sheffield you are on the board at CBTS and in NC. Would be great to speak with you sometime!
I'd be happy to talk. I'm laboring in the study today but would be glad to speak with you early next week. I'll send you a private message with my number.

Though in some ways, talking to me about what seminary is best is little like asking an Army recruiter which branch you should join. :think:

RBS fit the bill for me. Of course, the fact that they are unaccredited may influence your decision. For me, it didn't matter because I have other degrees from accredited institutions. You will need to be disciplined enough to work at your own pace, meet deadlines, write papers, etc. without face to face interaction with the instructors. If you need close communication with instructors, seek a more traditional seminary.

RBS fit the bill for me. Of course, the fact that they are unaccredited may influence your decision. For me, it didn't matter because I have other degrees from accredited institutions. You will need to be disciplined enough to work at your own pace, meet deadlines, write papers, etc. without face to face interaction with the instructors. If you need close communication with instructors, seek a more traditional seminary.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back