Baptists only: Question of John's Baptism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
The baptism of John is considered by baptists to be what time of baptism? Is it Christian baptism? Is it something else? And what do the Baptist Confessions say, if anything?

I welcome my Presbyterian brethren, if they have any questions related to mine or answers to my questions to pose them to our baptist brethren, but of course not answer anything as this is the "Credo-Baptism Answers" forum.

The baptism of John is considered by baptists to be what time of baptism? Is it Christian baptism? Is it something else? And what do the Baptist Confessions say, if anything?

I welcome my Presbyterian brethren, if they have any questions related to mine or answers to my questions to pose them to our baptist brethren, but of course not answer anything as this is the "Credo-Baptism Answers" forum.

Also did The Apostles "hunt" down all of the disciples of John and hold them under water till they confessed that their baptism was not good enough?

A Baptism that was being administrated to the people still under the Old Covenant, and that was to be the way to have the people show godly repentance as preparation for the coming Messiah John told them about. Any water baptisms done by Jesus or His Apostles would fall under the New Covenant times.

Also did The Apostles "hunt" down all of the disciples of John and hold them under water till they confessed that their baptism was not good enough?
Not that the baptism was not valid, but that it was not the same one that the Apostles administered after the Lord Jesus commissioned his church to do that work among the saved, as the trinity would not have been used by John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back