Baseball 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Well, the Yankees are off to a good start this season, beating my beloved Red Sox 9-2 in New York. But it's just the beginning of April. It's a long way to October. Who knows? There may yet be a repeat of last year's season to remember.

And hey, baseball is returning to Washington, DC today after 33 years.

Take me out to the ballpark! :sing:

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by VirginiaHuguenot]

VH, I hope you know that last year's Red Sox was a fluke, and chances are they will not be making the playoffs this year.

Only teams worth considering are the Yanks and the Cardinals.

braves2.gif

Originally posted by Slippery
VH, I hope you know that last year's Red Sox was a fluke, and chances are they will not be making the playoffs this year.
I'm with you. Last year's victory was a fluke, in that they 'beat the odds' (if there is such a thing), against all the conventional wisdom. They had to beat some pretty good teams along the way to come out on top. Like you, last year's World Series is one I probably won't forget for a long time.

The Twins line up has been altered a bit. No more Christian Guzman or Cory Koskie, but we might have a legitimate power hitter with Justin Morneau- first base. That's all they need to beat the Yankees, right? Just a little bit more offensive power?

Originally posted by Rick Larson
The Twins line up has been altered a bit. No more Christian Guzman or Cory Koskie, but we might have a legitimate power hitter with Justin Morneau- first base. That's all they need to beat the Yankees, right? Just a little bit more offensive power?

Unless Santana can pitch every single game in a series against the Yanks the Twins will never beat them.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Joseph Ringling
Originally posted by Ivan
St. Louis will win the World Series this time!

Wake up Ivan, your dreaming again!:lol:

Sorry, I've been away for a long time....slumbering! :p

If the Cards pitching can hold, they'll do it. It's been a slow start, but it's a long summer until the Fall Classic!

Hooray for the Expos,...er,...I mean the Senators,... I mean the Nationals. The Canadian teams, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back