Baseball 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

Puritan Board Freshman
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the upcoming season (2 weeks I think).

What about the World Baseball Classic? Did you watch it? Was it a good or bad idea?

If you were the MLB commissioner, what things would you do to fix, change, develop the game? My first actions would be raising the mound, calling the high strike, getting rid of the DH, and many changes regarding the All-Star game (i.e fans do not vote, players go strictly on merit; erase the "whichever league wins gets home advantage in playoffs" rule).

I am looking forward to seeing the Cardinals in their new ballpark.

I agree with ALL of your suggested changes. I would also have a very strict drug policy and hearings to determine what past stars may have used drugs then banning their records if they were found to be guilty.

Baseball is killing it's self with drugs and it's a sad thing to see.

I have been an Atlanta Braves fan since 1983, well before all the bandwagoners jumped on. I am growing weary of the sport though because of drugs and how often players swap teams.

I think the "purists" have a rather white-washed view of baseball.

Steroids are bad. I agree.

But what about greenies, a serious problem since the 1960's? What about the cocaine problem in the 1980's? Who knows what they were taking in the 1920's, the 1940's or any of the early unregulated periods in baseball?

Call me jaded, but baseball's never been clean.

Looking forward to the season, though. Our fantasy baseball draft is tonight.

[Edited on 3-24-2006 by mgeoffriau]

Originally posted by RAS

Amen to that! I've been a Cardinal fan since 1960, since the days of of Stan the Man.

I heard somewhere that they have sold 3 million tickets already. Is that right?

GO CARDS!!

Congrats to Mark Loretta and the Boston Red Sox for a Patriot's Day comeback to remember!

April 17, 2006 -- Boston 7, Seattle 6

Boston, you know we love you madly
Hear the crowd roar to your sound
Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Boston, you are the only only only
Red Sox, you are the only only only

Originally posted by Ivan
Originally posted by RAS

Amen to that! I've been a Cardinal fan since 1960, since the days of of Stan the Man.

GO CARDS!!

I'm getting to go to this Friday and Saturday's game of the Cardinals vs. the Cubs with my Dad!:banana:

We saw a game in the last series last season in the old park and we're going to see the new park. Can't wait.

Originally posted by crhoades
Originally posted by Ivan
Originally posted by RAS

GO CARDS!!

I'm getting to go to this Friday and Saturday's game of the Cardinals vs. the Cubs with my Dad!:banana:

We saw a game in the last series last season in the old park and we're going to see the new park. Can't wait.

Awesomely cool!!!!

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Congrats to Mark Loretta and the Boston Red Sox for a Patriot's Day comeback to remember!

:down::down::mad::mad::down::down:

But the Mariners are not doing so bad this month all things considered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bladestunner316

:down::down::mad::mad::down::down:

But the Mariners are not doing so bad this month all things considered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April '06 Red Sox 14-11

April '06 Mariners 11-15 :p

Meanwhile...Doug Mirabelli returns to Fenway Park (along with Johnny Damon :mad: ) tonight in time for Sox v. Yankees I (2006). Let's root, root for the home team! :)

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.
:sing:

This is the year of the Mets! The Braves will finally be toppled.

"So let it be written, so let it be done."

Look there...up in the air.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...it's another Tigers home run!! Gooooooo Tigers!!!

I don't know if there are any other White Sox fans on the PB but I am at least one. With the best record in baseball so far.... it looks like it is time for a repeat!

Going to Moody next in the fall will let me be able to watch them win a World Series at US Cellular Stadium, Home of the 2005 World Champions! I've already been to one game this year and I got a replica trophy, which really wasn't much of a replica at all.... The important thing is that the Sox look poised to repeat again this year!

Way to go, Big Papi! :banana:

big_papi.jpg

In the words of that wise Yankee Yogi Berra, it's just like deja-vu all over again!

Another David Ortiz walkoff home run. And now the Red Sox have won 8 in a row, and gone a team record 12 games in a row without an error.

Way to go, Red Sox!
redsox.gif

Hey, I think the Twins might finally be back.

If only Detroit and the Chi Sox could start losing. Our pitching and hitting is great right now. But we always find a way to fall apart.

Standings as of July 1, 2006, 10:30 pm ET:

American League
East
Boston 49 29 .628
NY Yankees 45 33 .577
Toronto 46 34 .575
Baltimore 37 44 .457
Tampa Bay 35 45 .438

Central
Detroit 55 25 .688
Chi White Sox 53 27 .663
Minnesota 43 35 .551
Cleveland 36 43 .456
Kansas City 26 52 .333

West
Oakland 42 38 .525
Seattle 41 40 .506
Texas 41 40 .506
LA Angels 36 44 .450

National League
East
NY Mets 48 32 .600
Florida 35 42 .455
Philadelphia 36 44 .450
Atlanta 34 46 .425
Washington 33 48 .407

Central
St. Louis 43 35 .551
Cincinnati 44 37 .543
Houston 39 42 .481
Chi Cubs 29 51 .363
Pittsburgh 27 54 .333

West
San Diego 43 37 .538
Colorado 41 38 .519
LA Dodgers 41 39 .513
San Francisco 40 40 .500
Arizona 39 42 .481

Central
Detroit 55 25 .688
Chi White Sox 53 27 .663
Minnesota 43 35 .551
Cleveland 36 43 .456
Kansas City 26 52 .333

The best division in MLB. It has the best team and worst team in terms of record. And the best team ever, The Minnesota Twins.
What is so great, besides the Twins, are that the top three teams keep on winning and the last two keep losing. :D

Yes the Mariners had a very good month. What since the beginning of June they have gone 19-9. That is a very good month.

I can not understand why the All-Star game is called the All-Star game because most people in it are just the Popular players. Maybe I am a little upset since only 2 Twins made it in. Come on Liriano is the best pitcher in Baseball (Lowest ERA, about 10 Ks per game). Anyways that was my three cent rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back