BATMAN BEGINS - Reviews or Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie is running a VERY close second behind Spider-Man II as far as I'm concerned. Spidey II was (to date) the best superhero movie ever done, but Batman comes VERY (within hairs) of taking the title. The thing I appreciated most about the movie is that it didn't require you to suspend too much of 'reality' in order to believe the movie.

I really liked the way the ninjas in the league of shadows moved while Bruce was blindfolded. That's one of my fav scenes from the movie.

Other than that, I can't do much echo much of what everyone else has said on here positive about the movie. Great 'restart' (this one absolutely edges out the 89 Batman) and I look forward to many more good Batmovies with Christian Bale.

On a related note, did anyone happen to see Bale in Equilibrium ? What did you think of that movie ??

On a related note, did anyone happen to see Bale in Equilibrium ? What did you think of that movie ??

I enjoyed that movie, but my wife absolutely loved it. She tells all our friends about it. Unlike Batman I felt you had to suspend a little bit too much of reality, but it was still enjoyable.

Originally posted by houseparent

I enjoyed that movie, but my wife absolutely loved it. She tells all our friends about it. Unlike Batman I felt you had to suspend a little bit too much of reality, but it was still enjoyable.

The Gun-kata was interesting. I wonder if that's actually possible....

i just want to state for the record,

that one scene where scarecrow first uses his mask > mr freeze, poison ivy, two face and riddler from the 3rd and 4th movie all put togeather.

Scare Tactic

Batman needs a good church but he is in Gotham and there is probably too many foursquare churchs around.

blade

Just went to see Batman. Definetly the best one so far. But all the hype kinda of blew it for me, so I wasn't that impressed. But it was good. Good plot, etc.

Originally posted by houseparent
Ok, what did everyone think of the line;

"Don't swear to God, swear to me!"

hmmm... just MHO, you're looking to deeply at this?

I mean, it is a movie made predominately by unbelievers, there will definitely be some objectable stuff.

I mean, one way of looking at it, is that it shows a disregard for God on the scriptwriters part.

On the other hand, if you were going to look to deeply into it, there might be situations where a christian cop conducting an interrogation of a suspect might ( i think ) legitimately use such a line.

Like if you knew the suspect had no regard for God whatsoever and was just swearing wildly out of fear, you might want him to stop with the blasphesmy. And since this suspect has no regard for God, swearing to God would be both profane and useless. Hence, for the purposess of the interrogation, the cop might direct the suspect to swear to him, to point out the immediate practical consequences of lying.

Off course we don't know any of that.

heh...i guess my point is.... it's just a movie! :)

Truth be told?

I didn't have a real problem with it.
peepwallA.gif
In fact, it was one of my favorite lines!
smilie_pop_eyes.gif

"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."

WOW.

Finally - a REAL Batman movie!! Saw it today and it was excellent. I hope the sequels are as high a quality. Great performances. This one makes you forget the goofy ones that have come before. Now Batman has a new beginning!!!

[Edited on 7-10-05 by pastorway]

I heard a rumor that Mark Hamill was to play The Joker in the next film.Anybody else hear about this?I know that he did the voice for him on the cartoon.

I heard sean penn - I would prefer mark hamill if done well he has the voice for sure.

PW,
You didnt like the misproportioned mr. freeze :lol:

Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back