Battlestar Galactica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
Anyone watch the new series? Is it good? How doe it differ from the old series? Looks like the Cylons are human-like instead of having a silvery appearance.

It is an excellent drama, the storyline is VERY compelling - not for kids.

I hope they do not get any "rawer" or I may have to stop watching it.

-JD

From the little Ive seen i like it. The FX are great. If you know anything about the Mormon Mythology then you will understand this show better.:up:

Though the basic storyline is the same (being chased throughout the galaxy looking for earth) it is totally different. Definately not for kids. The new season premiers 10/6.

Originally posted by Scott
Do the Cylons look like people instead of robots?

Both!! Those pesky Cylons have learned how to create Cylons that look like humans!! They have used them to infiltrate the fleet! But they still have Cylons that look like robots.

Both!! Those pesky Cylons have learned how to create Cylons that look like humans!! They have used them to infiltrate the fleet! But they still have Cylons that look like robots.
That's good. The old cylons were cool.

While shopping I found something I like very much (in this realm) for much cheaper!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00023BKMC/ref=olp_product_details/002-4058029-4936817?ie=UTF8]V[/ame]

[Edited on 10-2-2006 by houseparent]

Originally posted by houseparent
While shopping I found something I like very much (in this realm) for much cheaper!

V

[Edited on 10-2-2006 by houseparent]

I remember that show. da da da-da-da da da da dada dadada :sing: :lol:

I have never seen it but it looks like he is referring to Red Dwarf. BTW, I am going to get the Battlestar Galactica miniseries on loan.

[Edited on 10-6-2006 by Scott]

Originally posted by Scott
I have never seen it but it looks like he is referring to Red Dwarf. BTW, I am going to get the Battlestar Galactica miniseries on loan.

[Edited on 10-6-2006 by Scott]

You can go to sci-fi.com and view the "everything up to this point" episode and then you can watch season three without much problem.

CT

ow - they are getting rough!

The story-line is SO compelling, just hate the gratuitous sexual junk.

Has anyone noticed that the monotheists are the bad guys?

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by jdlongmire]

Originally posted by jdlongmire
ow - they are getting rough!

The story-line is SO compelling, just hate the gratuitous sexual junk.

Has anyone noticed that the monotheists are the bad guys?

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by jdlongmire]

Yep Battlestar is back. Best stuff on tv.

Also I would not call the sexual stuff gratuituous, I would just call it unnecessary.

CT

Originally posted by ChristianTrader
I'd put Battlestar against Lost any day. After watching Battlestar, former lost fans will be like, "Lost what?"

CT

Naw. Lost is still better.

Any series I watch, I watch it on DVD so I can fast forward the "junk."

I just finished Season 2 of Battlestar.

I don't think it came close to Lost, but in terms of shows out there, Lost, 24, and BG are the best In my humble opinion. Of course, they are the only 3 Ive watched, so they are my only point of reference. :rofl:

Drop 24 and Pick up Prison Break. 24 was really good the first few years, now Prison Break has taken over the Monday mantle.

House is up there, but BG reigns supreme. If you want things done and to happen, go with BG, if you want backstory go with Lost ;)

CT

I have seen nothing on Prison Break.
Scott told me a little about it.
The whole tatoo thing seems a bit corny.

Is it really worth the time? Your thoughts?

Originally posted by C. Matthew McMahon
I have seen nothing on Prison Break.
Scott told me a little about it.
The whole tatoo thing seems a bit corny.

Is it really worth the time? Your thoughts?

It really is. I think it is better than 24 (but I have friends who disagree :))

If you like 24 or battlestar you should really like Prison Break.

The Tattoo works when you get into it.

CT

I really enjoy this show. Knowing Mormonism, Greek Mythology, and just being religious really helps in the enjoyment of the show. I found the Pegasus storyline (end of Season 2, begining of Season 2.5) probably the most intense "edge of my seat" television I have ever seen. Anybody watch the Season 3 opener? I personally love the character of Gaius Baltar. I really wonder what's going to happen to him now, especially after seeing the preview for tomorrow's show (and having seen the Season 3 opener). And I really hope they got off this planet soon, I hate it!

I checked the 1978 Battlestar Galactica movie out from the library and watched it last night. Boy is it poorly done. The acting is terrible, the story clumsy, and the special effects weak. I recently watched the new miniseries and it is a lot better in all these areas. Of course, it has its turn-offs too.

Ok guys I found it for a price I was willing to pay! 34.99 for season one at deepdiscountdvd.com

Can't wait to see it since so many of you say it's so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back