BB: Win a Copy of John Piper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think that this would happen on the real Puritan Board (as opposed to the made up world of the Babylon Bee). A contest to get actual copies of Joel Beeke? Well, that might be a very different story! ;)

Don't think that this would happen on the real Puritan Board (as opposed to the made up world of the Babylon Bee). A contest to get actual copies of Joel Beeke? Well, that might be a very different story! ;)

Yes I don't get it at all, I guess Babylon Bee doesn't come here much or read the many forums critical of Piper's views.
(Does anyone else feel misrepresented?) Also, Are there any Judy Bernardo's on the member list?

Most non-Reformed folks probably do not differentiate the Young/Restless/Reformed movement from Reformed (and possibly Charismatic) Baptists, and confessional Reformed bodies. A guy like Piper who unashamedly proclaims the 5 pts. soteriologically just "must be" a Puritan-esque kind of guy.

I don't remember seeing a Judy B around here. And while Piper definitely isn't confessional, you have to admit that it was a funny post by the BB. ;)

Poking fun at Evangelicalisms idolatry of celebrity pastors. More often than not, I think they hit the nail squarely on the head. This is certainly one such instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back