Beale & Carson: Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has bought (and received) this yet? I should think it would be a nice addition to the library... :pilgrim:

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks interesting. Did you notice the blurb from Scott Hahn, the recently-returned Roman Catholic?

Yes, I did notice it. It's kinda bizarre.

By the way, Hahn converted to Rome back in the early-mid 80s, so he's no longer a recent convert I reckon, it's some 20 years ago now.

Wondering if anyone has bought (and received) this yet? I should think it would be a nice addition to the library... :pilgrim:

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks interesting. Did you notice the blurb from Scott Hahn, the recently-returned Roman Catholic?

Yes, I did notice it. It's kinda bizarre.

By the way, Hahn converted to Rome back in the early-mid 80s, so he's no longer a recent convert I reckon, it's some 20 years ago now.

Sure, well, time flies when you're old. ;)

Some of the quotes they solicited seemed a bit odd for me - but then it's Baker. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting it - will supply a report whenever I've had a chance to look at it. :detective:

My copy arrived on Tuesday. I haven't been through it in detail yet, but looks good with a quick trip through selected passages. The commenters cover allusions to the OT, not just explicit references. There are extensive references to the LXX, and there is some nice comparison of the Hebrew and Greek usage in specific passages.

The volume is quite large an heavy, making it ideal for pressing and drying flowers.

I saw this in a CBD catalogue and immediately thought it looked like a valuable resource -- and, as I usually do, wondered why Joel Osteen was only a few pages earlier with his bright and shining smile. CBD is certainly eclectic.

Maybe they can get JoelOsteen to write a blurb for the 2nd edition. (?!?)

By the way, I do think I'd like to get this.

Maybe they can get JoelOsteen to write a blurb for the 2nd edition. (?!?)

"I never knew the New Testament contained quotations from the Old Testament. Huh. That
makes me feel pretty good.

- Joel Osteen, Chief Executive Officer, Lakewood Church"

By the way, I do think I'd like to get this.

I'm looking forward to it - I ordered it plus Brown's Dictionary of Bible Characters that I asked about on another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although overstock.com is sold out, Monergism bookstore has them for the same price. $32.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back