Beeke and Barrett book on Holiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone read this book "A Radical, Comprehensive Call to Holiness by Beeke and Barrett? It looks very good.

I'm part way through it. I need to get it finished before Volume 3 of the Beeke/Smalley systematic theology comes out, hopefully in early November (per Beeke). Thanks for the reminder. (And, yes, it is good. Well worth your time.)

I'm part way through it. I need to get it finished before Volume 3 of the Beeke/Smalley systematic theology comes out, hopefully in early November (per Beeke). Thanks for the reminder. (And, yes, it is good. Well worth your time.)

This might help speed things up, Richard. 'Thou' is singular and 'you' is plural. ;)

I would assume a 'Spurgeonite' would love the theology of Washer ;)

Are you still in Lockdown? We are here in NZ. I'm sure reading this book will be spiritually edifying no matter the outside conditions.
Washer is my dude, I wanted to change my name to Spurgeonist to match Washer's "I'm a 5 point Spurgeonist" :cool:

Yep, here in the capital we've been locked down 3 weeks on Thursday, they just extended it another 2, I'm taking it as a much needed break.
That's a good idea, I'm going to pull it off the shelf and start reading.

I wanted to change my name to Spurgeonist to match Washer's "I'm a 5 point Spurgeonist"
Washer mixes a lot with John MacArthur. I don't know if Washer is dispensational or not, but Spurgeon was clearly covenantal. There is a great discussion on this in Tom Nettles excellent biography on Spurgeon.
here in the capital
So you are in Canberra? You might know a good friend of mine in the Snowy Mountains - Scott Clements, pastor of the Cooma Reformed Bible Church?

Washer mixes a lot with John MacArthur. I don't know if Washer is dispensational or not, but Spurgeon was clearly covenantal. There is a great discussion on this in Tom Nettles excellent biography on Spurgeon.

So you are in Canberra? You might know a good friend of mine in the Snowy Mountains - Scott Clements, pastor of the Cooma Reformed Bible Church?
He mixes a lot with lots of brothers who also have him preach at their churches, such as Beeke. He holds to a Reformed Baptist covenant theology.

No, I don't know many Reformed folk outside my own church.

I almost forget to get the Holiness book until I saw this thread again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back