Beeke's Reformed Systematic Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccravens

Puritan Board Freshman
Any thoughts on the Volume 1 just out?

I'm through the first 10 chapters and really enjoying it. Very readable for novices like myself. Can't wait (but obviously will have to) for the next volume.

Working on a review of it and doing 1 chapter a day and only through chapter 4. So far I really like how every chapter is reinforcing his theme of theology and piety. I am hoping it will become my go to systematic to refer to people. I do think the clarity is outstanding and so far he tends to say alot in a little space.

Dr. Beeke & Paul Smalley finished writing volume two and submitted it. Now the editing process begins. Volume two covers Anthropology and Christology. I really look forward to this one. Dr. Beeke and Paul are both very convicting on sin and both have such a rich love for Christ. It will leap off the pages.

Working on a review of it and doing 1 chapter a day and only through chapter 4. So far I really like how every chapter is reinforcing his theme of theology and piety. I am hoping it will become my go to systematic to refer to people. I do think the clarity is outstanding and so far he tends to say alot in a little space.

Please send me the review once you are finished. I would like to share it with Dr. Beeke and Paul.

Dr. Beeke & Paul Smalley finished writing volume two and submitted it. Now the editing process begins. Volume two covers Anthropology and Christology. I really look forward to this one. Dr. Beeke and Paul are both very convicting on sin and both have such a rich love for Christ. It will leap off the pages.

I can't wait! That's good news indeed.

I think it needs to be added that one thing that heightens my enjoyment of Volume 1 is the use of the KJV in quoting scripture. I would imagine that would continue throughout the series. Sprinklings from the ESV appear, but they are more scarce.

I'm not attempting to start a translations debate; the KJV is just what I am used to. Others may not see that as a benefit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back