BEHOLD THE CHICKEN SANDWICH! Many thanks to Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that mayo or a different kind of sauce?

I tried the McDonalds extra spicy one but wasn't super impressed.

But then I was re-introduced to the quarter pounder with cheese. Oh man. . .

Brethren, the stakes are high. We have false teachers advancing homosexuality as Christian, women as pastors, and Popeye's as the best chicken sandwich. We must bravely stand against this swelling tide of apostasy and boldly declare with St. Augustine of Hippo, "Chick-fil-A est optimus!"

We must bravely stand against this swelling tide of apostasy and boldly declare with St. Augustine of Hippo, "Chick-fil-A est optimus!"
I'm sure I'd get on board, except neither of these chicken joints are anywhere near me.

But I do still have some canned stew hens. They taste right good with some diced jalapeños on deep-fried bread.

I was told that the McDonald's Crispy Chicken sandwich tastes similar to Chick-Fil-A's sandwich. Living on Kauai, we don't have Chick-Fil-A (which I love) so I thought I'd check it out around 3 weeks ago. As I pulled away from the drive-through I started consuming my meal:

Take a sip of Dr. Pepper - man! There's no syrup in this soda, it just tastes like carbonated water!
Eat a French fry - man! There's no salt on these fries!!
Take a bite of the sandwich - This thing doesn't taste anything like Chick-Fil-A! It tastes like nothing!!!!

Turns out I had Covid, and my only symptom was no taste/smell. So now I'll have to go back and try it again sometime. Love me some good chicken :)

I was told that the McDonald's Crispy Chicken sandwich tastes similar to Chick-Fil-A's sandwich. Living on Kauai, we don't have Chick-Fil-A (which I love) so I thought I'd check it out around 3 weeks ago. As I pulled away from the drive-through I started consuming my meal:

Take a sip of Dr. Pepper - man! There's no syrup in this soda, it just tastes like carbonated water!
Eat a French fry - man! There's no salt on these fries!!
Take a bite of the sandwich - This thing doesn't taste anything like Chick-Fil-A! It tastes like nothing!!!!

Turns out I had Covid, and my only symptom was no taste/smell. So now I'll have to go back and try it again sometime. Love me some good chicken :)
I had the same experience trying McDonald's chicken sandwich except my faculty of taste and smell were fully operational.

As someone who worked at Chick-fil-A for a year, I can say that I think the spicy chicken sandwich from Popeye's is probably the best chicken sandwich around. Too bad Popeye's is notorious for and generally consistent about terrible service, long waits, and rude staff. By the time I’ve waited in line for one sandwich at Popeye's, I could’ve gone through the nearest Chick-fil-A drive through six times and gotten thirty "my pleasures" in the process. At Popeye's, I'm lucky to get a dirty look and a "What do you want?" If Popeye's would step up their customer services, they would crush Chick-fil-A.
Interestingly, the former CEO of Popeye's was trying to turn around the company with regard to customer service, but she got let go when Popeye's was bought out by the parent company of Burger King. Now she's on the board at Chick-fil-A: https://www.chick-fil-a.com/board-officers/board-of-directors/cheryl-bachelder

:D
That one is a fictional poison. Brucine was a real poison from Count of Monte Cristo.
This I know... the quote was a deliberate reference to the other great PB to hold a place of esteem in my life. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back