Being on a bed with the opposite sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
But some men are looking to know, in some cases even before their daughters do: or if they want to know but won't ask the fellow in question they'll grill their daughters on that point. I'm glad you don't fall in that camp; making that explicit, as these threads have accomplished on a couple of points, keeps your position from being used as support or cover for arrogant notions of parental privilege extending to blatant invasiveness.

It was a serious rule.

Was that the only rule? I don't want to go into too much detail, but some people following just the letter of the law could still have a good time.

Indeed so -- this was often joked about by incoming 18-year-olds.

It wasn't the only rule, of course. We also had to have the doors open, lights on, and were subject to periodic room checks. And the general rule against sexual immorality applied.

There is much excellent advice here and I just wanted to add and I believe this is important for the man to hear:

You as future leader of a potential marriage need to "draw a line" in the sand so to speak and be the one to set boundries before your lady friend/fiancee whatever,This is a very important step in leadership,to set the example,so I believe whatever decision you come to after recieving the scriptural support/Godly counsel, you need to initiate,in this you will show her you love and respect your Lord,her and her parents and she will hopefully see you making Godly decisions,This goes very deep and is crucial for the development of a Godly courtship,the alternative would be a potential disaster.But in laying your foundation in these seemingly small decisions you are laying a foundation in Christ for your (and His) future Bride

I couldn't agree more! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back