Bel Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist
Did I spell that right? I was born in LA, but not knowing where it is probably places me economically.

But, a girl from our OPC church who seriously considers moving there told me today she can't find a confessional Reformed church within fairly easy driving.

Any ideas?
Thanks

google this: Bel Air, Los Angeles, CA

Wasn't this where the "Fresh Prince" was supposed to be? ritzy.

We are 23 miles from Bel Air (and in the city of Los Angeles)

LA has very little to offer by way of reformed churches- and the other ones (besides LA RPC) appear to be more evangelical than confessional.

Bel Air, Los Angeles, CA to 3557 Fletcher Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90065 - Google Maps

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

We do have people that drive in from that area of LA. We have one family in "The Valley" and 2 families that come in from Sherman Oaks. We also have a single guy that comes in from North Hollywood (NoHo as it is affectionately called).

There's a Presbyterian church in Bel Air. In fact, it's the one Ronald Reagan used to attend occasionally. But, it's PCUSA. And, yes, Bel Air is one of the ritzier parts of LA - right up there with Beverly Hills and other parts.

Years ago, the OPC had a Beverly Presbyterian Church - but it was in East LA, not Beverly Hills. NOT the same thing, at all! Sometimes people, confused by the name of the church, thought it was in Beverly Hills. They were quickly disabused of that notion. The church, in fact, was named for the major street it was located near - Beverly Boulevard. (Don't get me started on why more Reformed churches don't have actual Christian names...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back