Ben Stein ("Expelled") on Hannity and Colmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
Ben Stein did a good piece on Hannity and Colmes tonight. He is not a young earther (or even a Christian), but what an interesting man. The movie is getting quite a bit of buzz. Not bad for a man famous for being the valedictorian from Yale Law (one of Hillary's classmates), a Richard Nixon speechwriter, Pepperdine law prof, and a bit player on cult classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Stein strikes me as an odd proponent of Creationism. Conservative intellectuals in the legal field are, few.

I'm not going to be a legal intellectual. I have no desire to write for law review and that's the first step in doing so. I would like to look into being a theologian though. :p

If I were going to do as much, I would focus soley on Constitutional Religious liberty. I dunno, I'll think about it. :p I don't want to write a case comment and spend my time writing for law review though...

I don't believe, if I understand correctly, that the movie is directly pro-Creationism or pro-ID. I think the main crux of the movie is against censorship in science...but of course, the main thing that happens to get censored is notions of ID, or any kind of teleology for that matter. So if it winds up being pro-ID or pro-Creationism, it's more of a secondary effect. Still, it looks like it could be a powerful tool in the ol' apologetics arsenal and hopefully will reveal to everyone how much the scientific establishment is committed more to naturalism than truth.

Stein complains about the hegemony of atheism in science. He suggested on Hannity and Colmes that the Darwinists have driven God out of the realm of the intellectually acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back