Benjamin Colman on the image of God (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
And keeping my Eye upon this pure Word of God, it appears plain and evident that the Image of God on Man, in the Day when God created Him, consisted in the following Things.

I. GOD made Man a Spirit, a living Soul, and this was his Likeness to his MAKER, the Image of God upon him. ...

For more, see Benjamin Colman on the image of God (1).

Here is the third installment in this series of posts:

... This bears his own Likeness, and is therefore lovely in his Eyes, for he infinitely loves Himself. We read, The Lord loveth the righteous: why? but because He is Himself righteous, and those that love and do Righteousness are like to Him.

For more, see Benjamin Colman on the image of God (3).

The final post in the series. Benjamin Colman was one of the divines who argued that Adam's reward for keeping the covenant of works included eternal heavenly life:

... And God covenanted with Adam that though’ his Body was corruptible in it self, yet He would preserve it in Health, Ease and Strength, and it should never see Death in case he never sinned. God gave him therefore the Tree of Life to eat of, a Sign Pledge and Means of Immortality to his Body, and of the Continuance of Happiness to him in Soul and Body all his Days on Earth; and I doubt not it was also a Seal and Assurance to him of a Translation to a better World, a better Paradise in due Time. ...

For more, see Benjamin Colman on the image of God (5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back