Benny Hinn on Nightline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
Here is an interesting interview with Benny Hinn on ABC's Nightline. He answers some pretty tough questions asked by the interviewer, including issues of "healings" and financial questions.

Click here to watch.

[Warning: At 4:45 into the clip, Second Commandment violation that last about 2 seconds.]

would someone mind giving me a brief summary of what he says? I am at work and youtube is blocked.

I just feel sorry for the poor people who are fooled by guys like this. I've met enough of them in my life. I'm just thankful to God that he's prevented me being sucked in by these people. We're all deceived to some extent, but this is just ridiculous.

Benny Hinn is such a clown. Can we please start burning guys like this at the stake? Ok, that's not really how I feel. Wait, yes it is. Hmmm... ok, we shouldn't kill him because Christ would have us to leave vengeance up to Him, and to allow the governement to deal with the wicked, and not the Church. I sure wish (desire and pray) though that God would either save him or kill him :pray2:; because his heresies deceive, at least temporarily, even some of God's elect :(.

would someone mind giving me a brief summary of what he says? I am at work and youtube is blocked.

I have never seen Hinn sound so calm and "reasonable." However, explaining away the size of their annual donations (est. $100 million annually) does boggle the mind a bit.

How does he do it? "The anointing -- God's power -- comes on me."

Does he feel guilty or a twinge bit bad about his private jet, expensive clothes, and fancy lifestyle? "No, not a bit."

"You can't fool all of the people all of the time." If I was a fake, don't you think someone would have caught me by now?

"I have been completely open with Senator Grassley's committee."

"I perceive a demon of doubt in the nightline reporter. If you give me a $1 million, I'll heal you of it." - just kidding about that line.

Moderator: Please watch the rhetoric in the area of curses, imprecations, and public wishing for the demise of others, even in jest.

The money is not the issue, it is a symptom of the root problem. It is one of the false tenets of the WoF movement originated (in print, anyway) by E.W.Kenyon. This particular tenet is the prosperity/seed faith nonsense. Hinn is duped by it and so are his supporters.

Benny-Hinn--9381.jpg

To be accurate Benny is a "faith healer" not a prosperity guy...unless he's changed his message. As I remember it you pay your indulgences to Benny so that his god will heal you and your indulgences happen to make him rich.

I love Benny. I watch him and yell at the television like I was watching a football game.

I don't care what you guys think...

BH Rocks!

[video=youtube;5lvU-DislkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI[/video]

[video=youtube;c9U_lWmAsYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9U_lWmAsYM&feature=related[/video]

Benny learned his routine watching Oral Roberts back in the 50's and 60's. He just added the flamboyant outfit.

34zyidz.jpg
2cfpl5l.jpg

Benny Hinn is such a clown. Can we please start burning guys like this at the stake?

Are you kidding? Getting the Environmental Impact Report done would take you at least five years. Then there are the permits from the city and the Fire Department...

Coming from an Assemblies of God church, seeing people "slain in the Spirit" is quite common. I'm on the fence as to whether it's real or not, but after seeing Benny Hinn for the first time in those videos, I am no longer surprised that everyone brushes it off as unbiblical garbage. It's like watching a magician.

Can someone guide me as to how our satire of Hinn is not in violation of the 9th? Once a person has been confirmed in his heresy, does it mean the gloves are all off?

Don't take this to mean I'm a Hinn fan.

I appreciated the interview. But, what is the gospel? Has that been explained? I don't think so. And he doesn't appreciate it.

I have no problem with Jets and stuff if it is used for the gospel.

This smacks of the occult to me. Many people think its just psychological tricks, but there's something more to it In my humble opinion.

Coming from an Assemblies of God church, seeing people "slain in the Spirit" is quite common. I'm on the fence as to whether it's real or not, but after seeing Benny Hinn for the first time in those videos, I am no longer surprised that everyone brushes it off as unbiblical garbage. It's like watching a magician.

Perhaps we should open another thread to discuss this question. It seems there would be serious implications to maintaining this understanding of slain in the spirit. I am guessing most, if not all, would find this unscriptual and non-confessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back