Bernhardinus de Moor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Here is a picture of Bernhardinus de Moor's Commentarius perpetuus in Johannis Marckii Compendium theologiæ Christianæ didactico-elencticum:

DeMoorB_MarckiiComp.jpg

Muller says that theological reflection came to a halt with De Moor's exhaustive reflections on Marck. Of course, Marck was the Charles Hodge of the era, going through umpteen editions in only a few years. De Moor is amazing, however. I am hoping (and Wes is not averse) that Wes will eventually translate the whole thing. He is already working on Marck, which is a necessary first step.

Muller says that theological reflection came to a halt with De Moor's exhaustive reflections on Marck. Of course, Marck was the Charles Hodge of the era, going through umpteen editions in only a few years. De Moor is amazing, however. I am hoping (and Wes is not averse) that Wes will eventually translate the whole thing. He is already working on Marck, which is a necessary first step.

That is very encouraging to hear. A major project to be sure, but I would love to read this in English some day, dv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back