Best books of the mode of baptism by sprinkling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
Can anyone give me a list with the best books on the mode of baptism by sprinkling ?

- The Meaning and Mode of Baptism by Jay Edward Adams
- James W. Dale : Baptizo, 3 vols.
- more.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give me a list with the best books on the mode of baptism by sprinkling ?

- The Meaning and Mode of Baptism by Jay Edward Adams
- James W. Dale : Baptizo, 3 vols.
- more.....

Baptism by Sprinkling or Affusion Most Suitable, Samuel Miller, 1835.

Miller has some excellent insights, particularly regarding the baptism of Paul in Acts 9.

Holy Baptism: Work Keys Which Unlock the Covenant, Duane Edward Spencer, 1980.

Dr. Spencer's book is excellent. He completed it shortly before his death in 1980. He was pastor of a church in San Antonio, Texas, called Sovereign Grace I believe. It is now an OPC church just off of I-10 in north San Antonio.

But nothing really compares to the 3 volume set of James Dale that you mention above. Even though he finished the series in the 1870s, no one even up to today has been able to adequately answer his arguments. When his first volume Classic Baptism came out, he was subjected to much name calling, and when someone did provide some reasonable argumentation against his work, he was easily able to dispose of the objections. It is THE authoritative work on the meaning of baptism.

He put to rest once and for all the curious and unfounded position that baptizo only means to immerse and nothing but immerse. Why any serious believer in Scripture continued to hold to that view after his volumes were completed is just beyond me.

Yes, "Christic Baptism" is a 4th volume, but it is not as well known or available as the other three. Hence the reason as to why a lot of people only speak of the 3 volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back