Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Firehouse Subs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raising Cane's is another great regional chain that is still mostly located in Louisiana, having started in Baton Rouge in 1996. But I know that the owner's ambition is to be nationwide, and they now have around 60 locations in about 12 states, including some that are far removed from the south like OH, MN, CO, NE, and NV. Chicken fingers are the only thing on the menu. When the owner couldn't get a bank loan for what the bank's thought was a poor idea, he worked on fishing boats in Alaska until he had sufficient capital to start the first store, which is just north of the north gate of the LSU campus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_Cane's_Chicken_Fingers
http://209.240.145.143/main.htm

Chipotle! One $6 burrito packed with your choice of pure Mexican goodness will give you energy enough for about 8 hours. Or you could split it up into two meals. And though it is a nationwide chain, I've never been to a Chipotle whose employees were speaking English to each other. A good sign. :)

Ah, Laura, I have visited old Peachtree once a couple years back. Recently while in the Lawrenceville/Duluth area (near the Gwinnet Place Mall) I ate the Chipotle there. I thought it was a typical Mexican restaurant (sit down food instead of fast foot), but it was still quite good. But, it reminded me much of the Qdoba and Moe's restaurant's we have up here.

Qdoba is better than Moe's, but Moe's has a $5 combo special on Monday's (burrito, chips, drink). That's some mighty good eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back