Best resources on Aquinas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I have read (80% anyway) Peter Kreeft's Summa of the Summa and I have the full edition of Summa Theologica. What are some good works dealing with Aquinas, both in print and online?

I think Peter Leithart writes something in favour of Thomas Aquinas in Revolutions in Worldview. Interestingly there is a Popish grammar school on the Ravenhill Road in Belfast - not far from Ian Paisley's Church - named after Aquinas.

I think Peter Leithart writes something in favour of Thomas Aquinas in Revolutions in Worldview. Interestingly there is a Popish grammar school on the Ravenhill Road in Belfast - not far from Ian Paisley's Church - named after Aquinas.

I have read Dr Leithart's essay. It is masterful. But Aquinas only occupies 10 pages. Still, those were so good. His take on Aquinas' "eschatological foundationalism" was great.

I ordered Milbank and Pickstock's Truth in Aquinas. It should arrive sometime this week.

The translation by the Benedictine's is wonderful, I purchased it in Jan., the volumes are laid out nicely with thin margins to use as much space as possible.

Enjoy

Chesterton's book on him is a must read...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Thomas-Aquinas-Dumb-Ox/dp/0385090021"]Amazon.com: Saint Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox: G.K. Chesterton: Books[/ame]

I have GKC and have read it. While it is great, it is probably more illustrative of Chesterton than of Aquinas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back