Best way to dispose of an old Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved7

Puritan Board Freshman
In your opinion, what's the most appropriate way? Now one might assume, why not give it to someone, or donate it to a library etc? A Bible that is highlighted, penciled and such is not really something you can give to another.

So what are your opinions, what do we do when a Bible really has worn itself out?

Also, I understand of course that it is the Word itself that is super natural not the physical book, but it should be treated with respect of course.

I would still say give it to a thrift store. If it can't be given away to a store, or a person you know, I would say either leave it where someone may stumble upon it (but where can this happen without classifying it as littering? A library? I don't know), or you could bury it in the forest, assuming it is made of biodegradable materials.

How many RSB's do you go through? You must really love those Bibles.

I would still say give it to a thrift store. If it can't be given away to a store, or a person you know, I would say either leave it where someone may stumble upon it (but where can this happen without classifying it as littering? A library? I don't know), or you could bury it in the forest, assuming it is made of biodegradable materials.

How many RSB's do you go through? You must really love those Bibles.
I like the idea of burriying it actually. I've already thought about leaving it somewhere, such as a laundromat or coffee shop... but chances are someone may carelessly dispose of it. No not my RSB ha thats built very well and im rather delicate with it (its big and doesnt leave my house).

A Bible that is highlighted, penciled and such is not really something you can give to another.

I think it would be neat to just store it for your posterity. I would like to have a Bible well marked in by a grandmother, father, uncle, loved one, etc.

I think it would be neat to just store it for your posterity. I would like to have a Bible well marked in by a grandmother, father, uncle, loved one, etc.
Of course, why didn't I think of that. A well used Bible from one of my forefathers would be a most cherished possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back