Between Two Gardens Substack

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you find Substack is working as a platform? I'm looking at starting a blog. It's been 5+ years since I've blogged regularly and I'm not up-to-date with good options.

I really appreciate it's simplicity. I just write and post. It's not fancy, just like it's authors :)

Many Reflections, One Christ
https://between2gardens.substack.com/p/many-reflections-one-Christ

Last edited:
Between Two Gardens

Your Wells of Sychar​

“And he must needs go through Samaria.” John 4:4​

In this passage, Jesus travels from Judaea to Galilee, several miles north. History tells us that the established route between the two towns was to the east, along the path of the Jordan River, which takes you straight to the Sea of Galilee. However, Jesus doesn’t take that route. Instead, He chooses to take a more westerly course through Samaria, a place shunned by the Jews as a theological ghetto. Why does Jesus take the usually avoided road, through a desert region, occupied by the despised Samaritans?

Your Wells of Sychar

"There is blasting, cutting, shaping, and polishing to be done before you go.

So, your trials are blasting you,

affliction is cutting you,

and sorrow is shaping you, polishing your facets."

I love this, and know it to be true in a way I hadn't previously.
This shaping, polishing is such an incredible blessing, as it removes worldly detritus.
With eyes on Jesus, one can feel the weight of said detritus fall away through the blasting.

What fools we can be when life floats along as we like. What amazing grace is this blasting.

PS: I've so enjoyed your substack devotionals. Thank you!

Thank you for reading it. Essentially, they are my meditations written for our church bulletin over the past 12 years. I am glad to hear that it's a blessing.

How do you find Substack is working as a platform? I'm looking at starting a blog. It's been 5+ years since I've blogged regularly and I'm not up-to-date with good options.
I really like it, personally. Can make it aesthetically pleasing, has every feature I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back