Bible Reading Plan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done both. The major drawback with chronological reading is when you get to wisdom literature. Psalms and Proverbs are best read in a lower gear.

I am interested in what others have to say as well.

I'm finishing up my third year in M'Cheyne's plan and hope to continue until I go home to be with the Lord. While reading two chapters morning and evening seems superficial, I found that I was able to see more of the individual trees as it were, rather than reading continuous chapters at a sitting, and missing the trees for the forest.
Discovering D.A. Carson's exegesis on the daily/nightly chapters, For The Love Of God vol 1&2, has greatly added to my understanding of my readings.

While finishing up the historical books from this year (I should be in 2 Samuel as the new year gets underway), I plan to read through the wisdom literature (at one chapter per day, and counting each psalm as one chapter, it takes about 8 months to read through the wisdom literature).

I also plan to study Isaiah in-depth next year, using both of the late J. Alec Motyer's commentaries (1993 and 1999). I want to also study Hebrews in-depth, using Thomas Schreiner's recent commentary.

I also have 8 devotional resources lined up, page-a-day style.

That should hold me. LOL

I like Professor Horner's system best. Easy if you ever get behind to pick up, and you move through a lot of Scripture at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back