Bible Study resource(s) on Grief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB.SDG

Puritan Board Junior
Hi,

Lots of books out there, I know. But does anyone know of any good Bible study format resources on dealing with grief? Thanks in advance.

I know James White has a booklet on it that was distributed near Ground Zero. Not sure how helpful it would be for you but its James White!

Although it is not in Bible study format, I will put in a word for Grief Undone by Libbie Groves. And now that you've given me the idea, I wonder if a study guide could be produced to go with that book. Does the church have a need for such a resource? If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for a Bible study resource about grief?

Although it is not in Bible study format, I will put in a word for Grief Undone by Libbie Groves. And now that you've given me the idea, I wonder if a study guide could be produced to go with that book.
The reviews for this are favorable and with your recommendation I decided to order it. Thank you!

A Grief Sanctified (Including Richard Baxter's Timeless Memoir of His Wife's Life and Death): Through Sorrow to Eternal Hope https://www.amazon.com/dp/1581344406/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NgbLBbTWP6HSS

Embodied Hope: A Theological Meditation on Pain and Suffering https://www.amazon.com/dp/0830851798/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9hbLBbPWEAHJ3

Grief comes in many shapes and forms. Is there a specific situation causing the grief for you or someone you know?
For encouragement during suffering in general, I suggest the following:
Thomas Watson's "All Things for Good"
Thomas Boston's "Crook in the Lot"
William Bridge "A Lifting Up for the Downcast"
Robert Bolton "A Treatise on Comforting Afflicted Consciences"
Richard Sibbes "The Bruised Reed"

Last edited:
Although it is not in Bible study format, I will put in a word for Grief Undone by Libbie Groves. And now that you've given me the idea, I wonder if a study guide could be produced to go with that book. Does the church have a need for such a resource? If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for a Bible study resource about grief?

Thanks for the recommendation Jack. I'm looking for this because my sister has some friends going through some hard things and asked me about something in a Bible study format in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back