Biblical Counseling

Discussion in 'Preaching' started by Ivan, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

What do the members of this board think of Biblical Counseling? I am currently reading Gary Almay's, How Christian Is Christian Counseling, which renders to a pile of waste Christian counseling that uses secular methods. I've also read An Introducation to Biblical Counseling by John MacArthur, et al, which I found helpful.

I am looking into the MA/PhD Biblical Counseling program at Whitefield Theological Seminary, which is a distance education program. Any knowledge or opinions of this school, especially in regards to the Biblical Counseling program?

How many here are trained in Biblical Counseling, either certified or degreed?

2. VirginiaHuguenot

VirginiaHuguenot Puritanboard Librarian

3. alwaysreforming

alwaysreforming Puritan Board Sophomore

I have heard from numerous respectable sources that nouthetic counseling is definitely the way to go.

4. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

Good Evening Andrew,

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I should have mentioned Jay Adams, the granddaddy of the modern Biblical Counseling movement. I've been to the NANC site many times and I learned a lot about the BC movement and am convinced that this is the way to go.

What I was wondering is: how many board members here adhere to BC and practice it and how might be certified and/or degreed in the discipline?

5. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

Thanks, not looking for counselor....yet :lol:

6. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

Yes, indeed. However, at the moment, financial considerations, I'm afraid, will hinder me from pursuing a degree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.