Biblical Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Joseph

Puritan Board Junior
I thought this was an interesting read.....
3CECAFBB-8911-4347-8132-F18E62486856.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Puritanboard Commissioner
the Bible's hermeneutic is dynamic"? I always get nervous when I see people using language like that.
Sounds similar to what I wrote on my law school application to get into a good school. Dynamic and evolving rather than static and 'original intent'.

I'd call anyone that would say what he said a heretic.

SeanPatrickCornell

Puritan Board Sophomore
Sounds similar to what I wrote on my law school application to get into a good school. Dynamic and evolving rather than static and 'original intent'.

Since my comment, I've read the article he wrote. I am still trying to understand what he's actually trying to say.

ZackF

Puritan Board Post-Graduate

“Dynamic” hermeneutics could lead one to an “original” consideration. So the dynamism is ultimately meaningless.

SeanPatrickCornell

Puritan Board Sophomore
Anyone who's read the article linked have any feedback?

I don't know if it's the Claritin and Sudafed coupled with a lot of caffeine, but I had a hard time grasping his ultimate point.

VictorBravo

Administrator
Staff member
I read the article. Some interesting observations and a fair number of invitations to follow rabbit holes. A lot of lofty language but little application, from what I could see on first reading.

In other words, it is stirring, and does stir the pot a bit. I think one of the best observations is how the transgender movement has thwarted the egalitarian aspect of feminism by objectifying and literally appropriating feminine features.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Since my comment, I've read the article he wrote. I am still trying to understand what he's actually trying to say.

I read the article. Some interesting observations and a fair number of invitations to follow rabbit holes. A lot of lofty language but little application, from what I could see on first reading.

In other words, it is stirring, and does stir the pot a bit. I think one of the best observations is how the transgender movement has thwarted the egalitarian aspect of feminism by objectifying and literally appropriating feminine features.
I got what you said out of the article.

Should be noted Mike Bull, if I recall correctly, is a protege of Leithart and Jordan. That might explain the herky jerky nature of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.