Biblical Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Joseph

Puritan Board Senior
I thought this was an interesting read.....
3CECAFBB-8911-4347-8132-F18E62486856.jpeg

Last edited:
the Bible's hermeneutic is dynamic"? I always get nervous when I see people using language like that.
Sounds similar to what I wrote on my law school application to get into a good school. Dynamic and evolving rather than static and 'original intent'.

I'd call anyone that would say what he said a heretic.

Sounds similar to what I wrote on my law school application to get into a good school. Dynamic and evolving rather than static and 'original intent'.

Since my comment, I've read the article he wrote. I am still trying to understand what he's actually trying to say.

“Dynamic” hermeneutics could lead one to an “original” consideration. So the dynamism is ultimately meaningless.

Anyone who's read the article linked have any feedback?

I don't know if it's the Claritin and Sudafed coupled with a lot of caffeine, but I had a hard time grasping his ultimate point.

I read the article. Some interesting observations and a fair number of invitations to follow rabbit holes. A lot of lofty language but little application, from what I could see on first reading.

In other words, it is stirring, and does stir the pot a bit. I think one of the best observations is how the transgender movement has thwarted the egalitarian aspect of feminism by objectifying and literally appropriating feminine features.

Since my comment, I've read the article he wrote. I am still trying to understand what he's actually trying to say.

I read the article. Some interesting observations and a fair number of invitations to follow rabbit holes. A lot of lofty language but little application, from what I could see on first reading.

In other words, it is stirring, and does stir the pot a bit. I think one of the best observations is how the transgender movement has thwarted the egalitarian aspect of feminism by objectifying and literally appropriating feminine features.
I got what you said out of the article.

Should be noted Mike Bull, if I recall correctly, is a protege of Leithart and Jordan. That might explain the herky jerky nature of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back