Biblical Manhood Resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madavilla

Puritan Board Freshman
I am preparing a series of messages for young men in my church on the issue of biblical manhood. Can anyone recommend any good reformed resources that deal with the topic of biblical manhood? I see myself using the book of Proverbs alot, but was hoping there are some resources out there that can help me to show what the bible speaks about biblical manhood.

Thanks!

Miguel, I have found The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood to be a helpful resource. I think you'll recognize some of the contributors: Wayne Grudem and John Piper to name a couple. A number of their books can be downloaded for free at:

CBMW » Online Books

Last edited:
Miguel, I have found The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood to be a helpful resource. I think you'll recognize some of the contributors: Wayne Grudem and John Piper to name a couple. A number of their books can be downloaded for free at:

CBMW » Online Books

Don't miss the free audio resources as well. There are probably over 20 sermons/lectures available.

The titles look good and I've downloaded a few but not opened any yet. Many thanks!

(Also, I went to the genderneutralbibles.com site b/c I was concerned that CBMW was supporting gender neutral bibles but thankfully, no. Shame on Zondervan for peddling this garbage, though. :barfy:)

Marked Men For Christ

There's an organization called "Marked Men For Christ" that I think looks very interesting. I'm planning on attending one of their weekends in the next few months.

Here is a link to a PDF file that explains why they do "men's work" from a Biblical perspective. I find it is very enlightening and refreshing.

http://www.markedmenforchrist.org/images/stories/miscpdf/TheologicalPresuppositionsFINAL0803.pdf

Maybe it will give you some ideas of what young men are struggling with these days...

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back