Biblical Proof for Arminianism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one!!!

high5.gif

At last, an Arminian site I have no problem putting on my favourites list.

Wait, I'm sure there is a verse that must say something like:

"I am the Lord thy God and I did not make robots. I wanted to give people the ability to love me."

Which verse is that? I've heard that from Calvary Chapel pastors on at least a dozen occassions and I'm told that Calvary Chapel pastors only teach what's in the Bible.

Originally posted by SemperFideles

"I am the Lord thy God and I did not make robots. I wanted to give people the ability to love me."

Which verse is that? I've heard that from Calvary Chapel pastors on at least a dozen occassions and I'm told that Calvary Chapel pastors only teach what's in the Bible.

Genesis 3:5. It's there in black and white for all to see.

Originally posted by armourbearer

Yeah it's there, it just didn't last very long.
doh.gif

Originally posted by armourbearer

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm not sure how prevalent Calvary Chapel is in Australia but you are blessed if there are few.

They specifically use the "robot" analogy to explain why men fell because, according to their thinking, man only has the capacity to truly love God if he's created with a libertine will. Of course, they don't express it that way. They just say "God didn't create robots..."

Rich, the reference to Gen. 3:5 was meant to be ironic. It's there in the Bible, but it's a record of what Satan promotes. Sorry for being unclear. Imagine a smiley slapping himself on the wrist. That's me chiding myself at the moment.

"They just say "God didn't create robots...""

I have heard this one often too. Frankly, robots sound grander than a pot made by a potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back