Big game tonight...having a party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
It's columbus day weekend here where I work, so most of the kids are home until Monday evening. One of the other house fathers is bringing one of his kids over to my place to watch the big Penn State vs. Ohio State game tonight. It's the featured game this Saturday on ESPN.

I have my 42" Plasma warmed up, the snacks ready, and my living room decorated inn PSU stuff. It's been a long, long time since I could get this excited about Penn State football, but they are actually ranked 16th now.:banana:

NCAA football is by far my favorite sport. Other big games on all day as well including Gerogia who I know many of you are fans of here.

LET'S GO STATE!

:D

Although PSU is much improved I don't think they'll win tonight Adam. It should be a good game but PSU hasn't seen a defense like the Buckeyes have. Bucks 27 Lions 13. Joe Pa is the man but Tressel is so much cooler in his sweater vest. Go Bucks!:banana:

The bad news: one of PSU and OSU has to win.

The good news: one of PSU and OSU has to lose.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LF014F.jpg

[Edited on 10/8/2005 by fredtgreco]

When I read the title I immediately thought of the hockey game tonight: Leafs vs. Habs. Go Leafs! :bigsmile:

Originally posted by daveb
When I read the title I immediately thought of the hockey game tonight: Leafs vs. Habs. Go Leafs! :bigsmile:

Or Canucks vs. Oilers. Go Canucks!

Originally posted by Joseph Ringling
Although PSU is much improved I don't think they'll win tonight Adam. It should be a good game but PSU hasn't seen a defense like the Buckeyes have. Bucks 27 Lions 13. Joe Pa is the man but Tressel is so much cooler in his sweater vest. Go Bucks!:banana:

That's the general take on the game, I know that. But I love it when PSU is the under dog, I really do!

17-10.
KA-CHING! Washed-up who? Oh ye of little faith.
I think Joe may just coach for a few more years yet.
I can't wait for that Nittany Lions/Wish-again game.

Originally posted by fredtgreco
The bad news: one of PSU and OSU has to win.

The good news: one of PSU and OSU has to lose.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LF014F.jpg

[Edited on 10/8/2005 by fredtgreco]

Michigan is next. PSU better be on their best for you who are not of the original 10.

I am beyond excited. We have about 15 people in our apartment and it was a lot of fun! After YEARS of being bummed out wondering how PSU could ever be as poor as they were the Nittany Lions are BACK!

ESPN reported that PSU now has the 3rd longest winning streak in the Nation behind only USC and Texas!

Michigan will be tough no matter what but I know PSU can beat them and I am hopeful that they will.

pennst-alt.gif

PSU's biggest games will be against Michigan State (not Michigan) and Wisconsin. If they can win those, I see no reason why they won't win 10 or 11 games this year.

Michigan State is tough, as is Wisconsin, but Wisconsin gave up over 600 yards against North Western!

600 YARDS!

[Edited on 10-9-2005 by houseparent]

:mad:J/K

PSU was much better than I thought they were that's for sure. There defense is very good and played much better then Ohio State's. The Big Ten is very tough this season, right now Penn State looks like the best team in the conference but there are still quite a few games to go. Congrats on the win.

Originally posted by houseparent
Michigan State is tough, as is Wisconsin, but Wisconsin gave up over 600 yards against North Western!

600 YARDS!

Now that was a good exciting game. My Dad even called me to make sure I was watching. I was watching the Busch Race and had to repent.

It was exciting if you like a game that all offense and no defense. Score after score after score. I hope Wisconsin plays defense like that against PSU, we may get over 1000 yards!

If USC does not go all out against ND, as they have not gone all out against anyone yet this season, ND just may beat them.

If USC does not go all out against ND, as they have not gone all out against anyone yet this season, ND just may beat them.

I'm hoping they've just been either (1) Bored, or (2) saving their big guns for the big games, and not letting Weis see to much of their offensive strategy. The playcalling in the last few games has been bland to say the least, and it seems they're just playing to "not lose" and keep the season going. Hopefully, that will change this week (and also against Cal, UCLA, and Fresno State).

My Prediction......
USC 24 ND 28

Just wishful thinking.

The reason I don't watch sports when I care who wins...?

Because it makes me grind my teeth!!!!

Michigan 27, Penn St. 25

gngnrgnngrrnngnrrngngnnrgnnrnnngn :banghead:

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
PSU's biggest games will be against Michigan State (not Michigan) and Wisconsin. If they can win those, I see no reason why they won't win 10 or 11 games this year.

Too bad PSU didn't think Michigan was a big game.

Sigh....

I honestly don't care if PSU wins another game now. Anyone who can't stop that FINAL play in order to win a game deserves nothing.

Well, Notre Dame is in the same boat as PSU, can't make ONE final play to win a game. They both should loose every game the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back