Biggest Reformed Ministry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username3000

Greetings,

May the Lord continue to be gracious to you all in this new year ahead.

Does anyone know what is the biggest, and most thoroughly Reformed ministry out there today? Preferably with an online presence.

All I can think of is Ligonier, but I am wondering if there is something more Reformed.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, make up your mind. Which are you looking for - biggest, or TR? Because they are generally mutually exclusive.
At what point do they intersect?

I’ll put it this way, of all the thoroughly Reformed ministries, which is the biggest?

I am struggling for something in the vein as Ligioner that is "more reformed".

If it is for a particular purpose, maybe narrow the scope a little. For instance, I am into reformed forum (https://reformedforum.org/about/) for podcasts. I think they have some online articles, but it looks like they are an every couple week enedevour.

If you're looking for a good publisher, P&R fits the bill. In answer to the OP, ministry and something other than the church doesn't make sense.

The biggest online Reformed and Puritan presence that I know of, thats TR, is A Puritan's Mind; then link that with 250+ republished puritan and reformed books at Puritan Publications, and its TR+.

Whats at APM?
- All of Edwards works.
- Turretin
- Ames
- Calvin
- lots of books by puritans like Burroughs, Owen, Manton, Janeway, Reynolds, etc.
- the Westminster Puritans
- exstensive bios and links from key Puritans to EEBO
- the whole of Witsius' Economy of the Covenants
- free ebooks
- free bibles
- the 1647 WCF
- all the solid creeds and confessions
- teachings from the biblical and puritan perspectives on the Lord's Day, the commandments, etc.
- a whole pastoral ministry source
- whole series on church history and historical theology
- thousands of articles and online books

...and so much more.

I'm working this year to round out a host of sources specifically on the attributes of God.

Tell all your friends!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is the biggest, and most thoroughly Reformed ministry out there today?

As soon as you ask for something "thoroughly Reformed," you run into the problem of people disagreeing about what that term ought to mean. Generally, the more thoroughly Reformed a person is, the more exclusive they will be when they decide what ministries fit the description. They may even deny that anything other than a church may be called a "ministry."

The only big outfit I can think of that has not yet been mentioned, which fits somewhere along the spectrum between broadly and narrowly Reformed, is the Modern Reformation / White Horse Inn organization. I think they're smaller than Ligonier and at roughly the some place on the spectrum, though each has its own quirks. Reformed Forum is probably the biggest player if you go up a step in the TR direction. If you want something even more TR than that, I defer to people like Matt who posted above about his effort.

What sort of resources are you looking for? It makes a difference whether you're looking for 17th Century books, current books, articles, sermon audio, lectures, discussions, conferences, etc.

And of course, if you're looking for a discussion board on the mid- to strongly-TR side of the spectrum, the biggest player is something called the Puritan Board.

The only big outfit I can think of that has not yet been mentioned, which fits somewhere along the spectrum between broadly and narrowly Reformed, is the Modern Reformation / White Horse Inn organization. I think they're smaller than Ligonier and at roughly the some place on the spectrum, though each has its own quirks.

I would also throw Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals ( http://www.alliancenet.org/what-is-the-alliance) in the mix. I think they are a little more consistent than Ligioner with keeping hosts / writers that subscribe to a reformed confession.

Greetings,

May the Lord continue to be gracious to you all in this new year ahead.

Does anyone know what is the biggest, and most thoroughly Reformed ministry out there today? Preferably with an online presence.

All I can think of is Ligonier, but I am wondering if there is something more Reformed.

Thanks.
He is reformed in regards to his soteriology, but not as reformed in certain issues, but a very large presence in modern movement.
John MacArthur, Grace to You.

Think quality and quantity are kinda mutually exclusive.

Not in American Evangelicalism. Here, people flock, for example, to Andy Stanley or James MacDonald because “God is doing things there,” despite the fact that one is a quasi-Marcionite and the other is a borderline-abusive egotist. But, in America, size is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back