Birthday books

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
By hitting amazon at the right time and finding some insane sales, I got the following for my birthday:

Horton, Michael. Covenant and Eschatology. Finished it today. Magnificent.
Wolterstorff, Nicholas. Divine Discourse. Horton's project convinced me of Speech-Act theory and has allowed me to use it as a model for my own project vis-a-vis Eastern Orthodoxy. Wolterstorff takes it a step further.
Vanhoozer, Kevin. First Theology. Looks promising. Explores theology around communicative categories.
Oberman, Heiko. Harvest of Medieval Theology.
Jenson, Robert W. Systematic Theology volume 2

Jacob, perhaps this is a dumb question, but what's your project (mentioned in your post above)?

Looks like you've got some interesting reading ahead of you!

Jacob, perhaps this is a dumb question, but what's your project (mentioned in your post above)?

I am writing a Reformed response to Eastern Orthodoxy, highlighting the priority of Word over against the Eastern priority of vision, etc. I already have some chapters written (e.g., Gregory Palamas, Filioque, and Essence-Energies distinction).

I am writing a Reformed response to Eastern Orthodoxy, highlighting the priority of Word over against the Eastern priority of vision, etc. I already have some chapters written (e.g., Gregory Palamas, Filioque, and Essence-Energies distinction).

This is great! Can't wait to read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds fascinating! Thanks for the info -- I will be interested to read it when you're done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back