Birthday Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

walueg

Inactive User
Can I register a complaint here? Promptly at 11:00 p.m. CDT last night, I got a few emails from all of the discussion forums I frequent wishing me a happy birthday. It wasn't from a person. It was from a computer. Computers don't wish. They don't feel. They don't have a heart or a soul. They just blindly do as they're told. A birthday wish from a computer is less than meaningless and I'd like to see the practice stopped. I'm not angry, but I am offended and I expect better from thoughtful, professing Christians.

Suggestion Box A place to give your suggestions as to how the board could be better and what features you'd like to see.
(Not the place for complaints)

Is this first post of yours intended to be taken seriously?

Hmm, are you sure THIS board is set to send out birthday greetings? Because I don't recall ever seeing such a thing. Also, you might get actual greetings if you took the time to interact and please let us get to know you. I understand your sentiment, but please balance it with a bit of grace ;)

I've never gotten a computer-generated birthday wishes from the PB. At Walmart, yes, but not the PB.

The board will require the option of sending birthday good wishes to be swithched on by the board admin, in doing so he has made a human decision to wish all members a happy birthday at the appropriate time. I suggest that you glow in the warmth of that human decision.

I really do not think that it is a fruit of grace to take offence too easily, especially when the intention was benign.

A good suggestion.

I've implemented a plugin that will create a thread for users announcing their birthdays.

The users will have to have a minimum of 5 posts and be active participants on the board in order to receive the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back