Bishop N. T. Wright-ism

Status
Not open for further replies.
NT Wright

He is strong on seeing the covenant unfold throughout the Bible. He has singlehandedly destroyed liberal scholarship on the historical Jesus. He is really strong on metaphysics and ontology (see his wonderful work on the Psalms). He takes Psalm 2 more seriously than most, even if he gets the practical aspect wrong.

He is strong on seeing the covenant unfold throughout the Bible. He has singlehandedly destroyed liberal scholarship on the historical Jesus. He is really strong on metaphysics and ontology (see his wonderful work on the Psalms). He takes Psalm 2 more seriously than most, even if he gets the practical aspect wrong.
What is his view then on the Messiah/King from that Psalm? And it does seem that he is good to read in areas other then those involving his take on Pauline Justification.

What is his view then on the Messiah/King from that Psalm? And it does seem that he is good to read in areas other then those involving his take on Pauline Justification.

Jesus King is really king over the nations and the nations should reflect that rule.

He's good on most areas.

Would that then be like a postmil type of Christianity influencing cultures then?

Not necessarily. Postmillennialism says the majority or most will bow the knee to Jesus King. I just want to see at least several. But if it were postmil that wouldn't make it wrong

Not necessarily. Postmillennialism says the majority or most will bow the knee to Jesus King. I just want to see at least several. But if it were postmil that wouldn't make it wrong

Temperment wise, I have a good amillennial doom-and-gloom mentality. But I do see a few nations coming to Christ and having a final showdown with Antichrist.

Among some Reformed, yes, though you will find very few published studies today endorsing that view.
So both Amils and Historical premils would see a personal Antichrist at end of Days, and differ on whether the Second Coming brings in either the eternal state, or else the millennium rule of Christ?

So both Amils and Historical premils would see a personal Antichrist at end of Days, and differ on whether the Second Coming brings in either the eternal state, or else the millennium rule of Christ?

Some Amils would. Some would just say it is a spiritual symbol for bad stuff or something.

Some Amils would. Some would just say it is a spiritual symbol for bad stuff or something.
Coming over from Dispensational circles to this now, I was surprised just how many famous Reformed held with historical premil position, as I knew that the A mil is main one, but surprised some on the premill also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back