Black Coffee Drinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other threads in recent months, people have commented on their coffee preferences. It amazes me how some people can drink coffee black.

I use to drink coffee with cream and a bunch of sugar. I went on a diet a few years back, and decided to eliminate unnecessary sweets, and sugar in coffee was one place I eliminated it. It didn't take long before I started enjoying my coffee with just cream. Now, I can't stand having coffee if it has sugar in it.

But I've never gotten the point where I could drink the coffee black. I might as well be drinking kerosene.

Any of you tough-as-nails black coffee drinkers start out like I did, using cream and sugar, and actually got to the point where preferred it black now?

Did most of you who drink black coffee now always drink it that way?

Black since I was eight years old. On rare occasions I'll take it with cream when I am eating late at night at a restaurant. The same goes with hot tea.

started drinking coffee with much sugar and much cream...

over the years migrated to the ultimate way of drinking coffee...

strong, freshly ground and brewed and unadulterated black

Growing up, I'd always drink coffee with milk and sugar in it. At one point, I got a job that required me to drive nights, and I'd drink coffee to stay awake. But I found that I didn't like the sensation in my mouth from all the milk and sugar. So I started drinking black coffee, which solved that problem. I've been drinking coffee black ever since.

I drink my Coffey black. Use to drink it with sugar and cream but this thread made me want to try it black, and I found out it taste great. Had two cups of it today. It was good.

started drinking coffee with much sugar and much cream...

over the years migrated to the ultimate way of drinking coffee...

strong, freshly ground and brewed and unadulterated black
Growing up, I'd always drink coffee with milk and sugar in it. At one point, I got a job that required me to drive nights, and I'd drink coffee to stay awake. But I found that I didn't like the sensation in my mouth from all the milk and sugar. So I started drinking black coffee, which solved that problem. I've been drinking coffee black ever since.
I drink my Coffey black. Use to drink it with sugar and cream but this thread made me want to try it black, and I found out it taste great. Had two cups of it today. It was good.
I used to be a double-double kinda guy now I just take it black.

:think: I see now that its possible to make the change.

I'm trying a little experiment myself, just out of curiosity. I'm going to see if I can get myself accustomed to drinking black coffee. Not all at once, but in stages. Usually I pour the cream into coffee until I see the cloud of milk come to the top. I'm pouring in a little less until I get use to that, then I'll back off a little more. I'll see after a while if I can actually get use to drinking it black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back