Board Privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella Darby

Puritan Board Freshman
Is there a sticky somewhere describing the "board privileges?" I gathered from someone's comment that we have to have a certain amount of activity before being able to "like" a post. Then someone sent me a DM and I tried to reply but I don't think it worked--maybe because I'm too new? I joked about Scientology levels but this is actually pretty deep stuff for a discussion forum.

I think the "like" button shows after 25 posts.

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any restriction on PrivateMessages. Have you checked the "sent" folder to see if it went out?

There are some forums you can ask for access to, and I don't think there's any reason why you won't get it, except for the "Men-only" (and you've got a Women's instead).

Enjoy the board (it's just a board).

Last edited:
Then someone sent me a DM and I tried to reply but I don't think it worked

Contra_Mundum said:
Have you checked the "sent" folder to see if it went out?

If I remember correctly, I had to change my settings so that my account would save my sent messages. Before I did that, nothing showed up in "Sent Messages."

Ella, some people share personal information in prayer requests, etc. Having to post a certain number of times before you can view those private forums enables others to know something about you: we can be reasonably confident of the 'reality' of the people we are sharing with. It's just a reasonable measure of privacy for the members in a day and age when internet stalking is something to be aware of.

The womens' forum may be one that shows up after a certain number of posts. If I remember correctly -- it at least used to be that way. Ella is a lovely name :).

While there is no guarantee, there is a level of comfort in knowing that certain portions of the board can only be viewed by those with at least some track record. And the moderators, while not perfect, generally to a very good job - and I've probably gotten moderated more than a lot of folks here.

And you don't have to pay extra to get the extra posting privileges - just establish a (fairly short) track record. So it can't be Scientology.

Ella, some people share personal information in prayer requests, etc. Having to post a certain number of times before you can view those private forums enables others to know something about you: we can be reasonably confident of the 'reality' of the people we are sharing with. It's just a reasonable measure of privacy for the members in a day and age when internet stalking is something to be aware of.

The womens' forum may be one that shows up after a certain number of posts. If I remember correctly -- it at least used to be that way. Ella is a lovely name :).
I understand now, thank you. The only message boards I've ever been a part of have been school related. What you explained makes a world of sense.

I don't see a women's forum to join.

Hi Ella, welcome to the board. I think you won't see the women's forum, until you've had something like 15-20 posts. Then you will see it under the member's only section, and you can ask a mod for the permission/password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back