Bold and Italicized Names

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stepped forcefully on the feet of the last woman to pinch my cheeks.

I stepped forcefully on the feet of the last woman to pinch my cheeks.

That just makes you a bad dancer, not "El Tirano". It's probably more like "El Amorcito Guapisimo".

Well, there's no debate on the guapísimo part. But the large woman who was torturing random children on the streets of Mexico City lost her vacuous smile. She may also have begun to use steel-toed shoes.

Well, there's no debate on the guapísimo part. But the large woman who was torturing random children on the streets of Mexico City lost her vacuous smile. She may also have begun to use steel-toed shoes.

(Soy la mujer de Mexico, y le estoy pidiendo la computadora a Prufrock)

Necessito decir que El Tirano es mentiroso; esta tan agradable y nunca le ha pisado el dedo de nadie. El, de veras, me pellizco el cachete, y yo le pise el dedo. Dudo que este hombre les diria esto (estaria tan azorado), pero es verdad. Osito de peluche...

-----Added 3/7/2009 at 04:40:26 EST-----

That was weird: this large Mexican woman with vacuous smile just came in and stole my computer. She also apologized for her poor grammar (she says she hasn't spoken that language in a long while...)

Señora, con respeto, no sé lo que Ud. ha estado fumando, pero lo recuerdo como si fuera ayer - su maquillaje excesivo, sus tacones rojos, y la expresión de su cara cuando la pisé con toda mi fuerza. He esperado toda mi vida para esta oportunidad, y me da gran gusto informarle que si la viera otra vez, nuevamente le pisaría sus pies por el insulto que hizo al pellizcar mis mejillas. Tratarme como animal porque soy rubio era una falla moral solamente igualada por la abominación de sastrería que era su vestido.

Prufrock, thanks for passing that message along. I feel like I can now get on with my life.

:lol:

-----Added 3/7/2009 at 05:00:20 EST-----

I passed it along. Then she kicked me with those heels. Pointy.

She's a menace, Paul. I wish I had known how to file a restraining order when I was five.

The faults of youth.

Don't worry, I stepped and pinched for you before I kicked her out. There is, however, a lot of makeup on my hands now... Should have thought that one through.

Can you guys keep it down in here? I'm trying to study for tomorrow's sermon. Do you know how difficult it is to study Greek while someone's blabbering in Spanish?

Can you guys keep it down in here? I'm trying to study for tomorrow's sermon. Do you know how difficult it is to study Greek while someone's blabbering in Spanish?

eukopeteron estiv kamelov dia trupematos hraphidos dielthein.

Oh most merciful, yet very dictatorial, moderators and admins:

Works fine for me with the bolded and italics. The who's online part works well too.

So I just read my last post above, and it made me realize something:

How many of you, after you've been reading a lot in Greek and then try to write in English, find yourself writing a "v" whenever you mean to write an "n"?

The translation of El Tirano's outburst:

Madam, with respect, I do not know what you've been smoking, but I remember like it was yesterday - its excessive makeup, his red heels, and the expression on his face when stepped on with all my strength. I've waited my whole life for this opportunity, and gives me great pleasure to inform you that if you saw it again, again you pisaría his feet by the insult he made to pinch my cheeks. Treated like animals because I'm blond moral failure was only equaled by tailoring the abomination that was her dress.

...according to Google.

The translation of El Tirano's outburst:

Madam, with respect, I do not know what you've been smoking, but I remember like it was yesterday - its excessive makeup, his red heels, and the expression on his face when stepped on with all my strength. I've waited my whole life for this opportunity, and gives me great pleasure to inform you that if you saw it again, again you pisaría his feet by the insult he made to pinch my cheeks. Treated like animals because I'm blond moral failure was only equaled by tailoring the abomination that was her dress.

...according to Google.

Except that there weren't four people involved in the incident, and I didn't crunch my iron jackboot into anyone's upturned face. I keep that for bigger incidents.

Look! I speekz tungz 2!

42 61 68 2e 2e 2e 20 49 20 64 61 72 65 20 61 6e 79 6f 6e 65 20 74 6f 20 74 65 6c 6c 20 6d 65 20 77 68 61 74 20 49 20 6a 75 73 74 20 73 61 69 64 2e

:p

Not sure if you were still unhappy with the bold and italics Rich but an idea might be to change the color of the name? I am sure you already thought of that but thought i would throw it out there. :)

Look! I speekz tungz 2!

42 61 68 2e 2e 2e 20 49 20 64 61 72 65 20 61 6e 79 6f 6e 65 20 74 6f 20 74 65 6c 6c 20 6d 65 20 77 68 61 74 20 49 20 6a 75 73 74 20 73 61 69 64 2e

:p

Skyler you have passion but no depth. I think you need to stop rereading the Abacus of the Apostles and move on to Roman[numeral]s.

So I just read my last post above, and it made me realize something:

How many of you, after you've been reading a lot in Greek and then try to write in English, find yourself writing a "v" whenever you mean to write an "n"?

My Greek has deteriorated enough that it's not an issue any longer. I wish it was. However, when I used to type Greek a lot I found myself getting confused a bit, but more in the h and y area. Bibleworks' font definitely is superior in this area because it's so intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back