Book Launch - A Conquered Kingdom Biblical Civil Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the Regulative Principles of Worship as there are few modern books that tackle such a subject in a logical and biblical manner. I disagreed with quite a few points or lines of argument but that was one of the joys of the book, it set out the arguments in a format that encouraged intelectual discussion and debate.

For that reason I am buying this book, and will just hope that the Mrs does not find out how much it costs.

:lol: Thanks brother, but if your wife finds out the price there could be trouble. :moneywings:

Yes, I also would like to congratulate you on your fine accomplishment. I am interested in delving into theonomy a bit. I'm going to ask my father for his copy of Rushdoony. The price is a bit steep for me at the moment. However, I look forward to getting it at some point.

Be careful, Lane. Some PCA presbyteries look with suspicion upon theonomy :lol:

I have been called by leading member(s) in a certain prominent presbytery a marxist, terrorist, and heretic simply because I held to a form of theonomy.

You've got of lightly then. ;)

Thanks; I'll try to get those mistakes sorted (believe it or not, those were both the work of others!); however, the book is not really designed for those who read downloads, that is just a bonus and I do (intentionally) adopt an inconsistent approach to quotations.

Those two have now been corrected.

Don't forget that Daniel lives in the United Kingdom, so the way a Brit writes and communicates is slightly different than us Yankees or Confederates, depending on if your a Northerner or Southerner :lol:

:lol:Tim is a Canadian, and if there is one thing they hate it is being called an American :mad: I used to work with a Canadian woman, and when any new person started, the manager told them "don't call her an American".

:lol:Tim is a Canadian, and if there is one thing they hate it is being called an American :mad: I used to work with a Canadian woman, and when any new person started, the manager told them "don't call her an American".

I don't have such strong feelings: I just smile and remember who won the war of 1812. ;)

Daniel,

Let me know if you ever need a proof reader. I proof read some of Rush's post hume stuff (Intellectual Schizophrenia, the Death of meaning, and a couple of others, I think). I was the "last round" of proofing, as I would generally catch niggling little details.

Cheers,

Adam Brink

Adam, I'll get back to you next time I do something (if the Lord enables me).

Sounds good! I charge hourly, or bookly :lol:

Daniel,

Let me know if you ever need a proof reader. I proof read some of Rush's post hume stuff (Intellectual Schizophrenia, the Death of meaning, and a couple of others, I think). I was the "last round" of proofing, as I would generally catch niggling little details.

Cheers,

Adam Brink

I thought Intellectual Schizophrenia was published in the '60s.

AH YOU'RE RIGHT!! I was thinking of The Word of Flux. Good catch!

I did, however, re-proof the Inflation book Rush wrote, and suggested (almost) the title; I think I said "Larceny of the heart", and the title ended up with "Larceny in the heart", or something like that.

Anywho, good catch old bean!

Cheers,

I took the Faith for All Of Life issue to church that had "Theonomy Now!!" on the cover. Proudly displayed it too. Visibly! Sigh, the only people who understood it were the 4 or 5 that are into theonomy.

Daniel,

Cheers,

Adam Brink

I thought Intellectual Schizophrenia was published in the '60s.

AH YOU'RE RIGHT!! I was thinking of The Word of Flux. Good catch!

I did, however, re-proof the Inflation book Rush wrote, and suggested (almost) the title; I think I said "Larceny of the heart", and the title ended up with "Larceny in the heart", or something like that.

Anywho, good catch old bean!

Cheers,

Well done, then. I read the Inflation book about 6 months ago and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Hi Daniel,

Is your book going to be stocked by any local bookshops?

I must say it is on a topic that I don't know that much about so I wouldn't mind reading it.

Hi Daniel,

I must say it is on a topic that I don't know that much about so I wouldn't mind reading it.

Stephen, I will be able to let you know in a couple of weeks when my copies arrive; however, copies in bookstores are likely to be even more expensive. :lol: Though from me directly, they should be £25.

Hi Daniel,

Stephen, I will be able to let you know in a couple of weeks when my copies arrive; however, copies in bookstores are likely to be even more expensive. :lol: Though from me directly, they should be £25.

Twenty five pounds or euros? :lol:

Hi Daniel,

Twenty five pounds or euros? :lol:

Definitely pounds. :cool:

Yes, I also would like to congratulate you on your fine accomplishment. I am interested in delving into theonomy a bit. I'm going to ask my father for his copy of Rushdoony. The price is a bit steep for me at the moment. However, I look forward to getting it at some point.

Be careful, Lane. Some PCA presbyteries look with suspicion upon theonomy :lol:

I have been called by leading member(s) in a certain prominent presbytery a marxist, terrorist, and heretic simply because I held to a form of theonomy.

Count it all joy, brother. :) Many of these guys you refer to would not know what theonomy was if it bit them, they just know it is wrong.

I don't have such strong feelings: I just smile and remember who won the war of 1812. ;)

Sorry, brother. I did not look to see who made the quote, so I was not aware you were Canadian. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back