Book on Biblical Exegesis of the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aco

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi
I'm looking for recommendations of a Book on the Trinity based in Biblical Exegesis.
Thanks

Hi
I'm looking for recommendations of a Book on the Trinity based in Biblical Exegesis.
Thanks

How deep do you want to go? Many exegeses of the Trinity often turn into proof-text manuals (which have their place). In some ways the best place to start is Letham's book on the Trinity.

I thought more in the sense of proving exegetically (OT & NT) the Trinity over against heretical conceptions of God conclusively, less metaphysically like Augustine and Aquinas (while there is place for that as well).

Last edited:
Trinitarian definitions required the distinction of ousia and hypostasis. This didn't occur until well after the canon was closed. So I don't think you'll find it in the Bible unless I'm misunderstanding your request.

Trinitarian definitions required the distinction of ousia and hypostasis. This didn't occur until well after the canon was closed. So I don't think you'll find it in the Bible unless I'm misunderstanding your request.

You misunderstood me. I looking for a book on exegetically proving the Trinity, not for the Nicene definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back